Happy Christmas Card Day!
Friday, December 8, 2023
We are joining Sunny this week for Nature Friday~~
We did walk each day this week - not far but we were out there.
here was a total bust. Mom read about half of it and very little was about the dog and that was the end of wasting her time on that book.
Monday, December 4, 2023
Mom was shopping for personalized ornies on Etsy a couple of weeks ago and she hit on one that she really liked!
Friday, December 1, 2023
We are joining Rosy this week for Nature Friday~~
I'm back to walking! I don't go far and I'm actually doing more sniffing than walking.
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Mom and I have a game that we play while she does dishes. We've been doing it ever since we've been on our own. She either rolls my ball to me or she lightly tosses it. I fetch and we play our game over and over. I have had no interest in playing ball for the past couple of weeks.
Look at me now!
Monday, November 27, 2023
What we didn't tell you in our last posting was that I had a very hard time getting comfy and moving about and the limpies do not help at all. I have osteoarthritis and it's painful for me. I do a lot of pacing at night and I do whining and I do crying and it makes mom feel so horrible not to be able to help me. The Galliprant and the Ellevet are not completely keeping me pain-free.
The day after Thanksgiving, mom called my vet and Cindy got us in at four that afternoon. It was pretty much for just consultation. There is new help for dogs with osteoarthritis in the form of an injection. It's called Librela, and it is now approved for vets to administer in the USA. It's three injections at one month intervals. My first one was on Friday. He said that they could see dogs miraculously improve between the second and third injection. He told us a story about a Pug that could no longer climb stairs and was ready to go to Rainbow Bridge and now he races up the stairs like he was shot out of a cannon! Yes, please - sign me up!
My vet and his techie got to see my new Help 'Em Up harness. What you don't see in this picture is the other half and goes around my back end. There is a clip that clips the front and back harnesses together at the point where my leash is attached now so mom can help lift me when I need it.
Mom is always telling me, "Don't get up, Molly. I will deliver the treats to you!"
Friday, November 24, 2023
Thursday, November 23, 2023
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
One of mom's friends on FB posted this recipe for Kielbasa Potato Soup and it sounded so good to mom that she needed to try it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g (10.5 oz) kielbasa sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 750 g (1 ½ lb) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- 300 ml (1 ¼) full-fat milk
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 30 g (½ cup) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The cheese is always the best part, right?
- We used less onion, more carrots and more celery than the recipe calls for and we never use red pepper flakes. Mom doesn't like her food to be hot and spicy.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven and fry the kielbasa for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the same oil you cooked the kielbasa in and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and red chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, covered with a lid, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Take a ladle of soup and mix it with the milk in a measuring jug or bowl to temper it. Pour the mixture into the pot, then add the cooked kielbasa.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Simmer the soup for 2-3 more minutes until it thickens some more, then stir in the parsley. Season to taste, then divide into bowls and serve with extra grated cheddar on top if you like.
Friday, November 17, 2023
We are joining Rosy and Sunny for Nature Friday~~
I had three walks this week until the limpies started up again. The crisp cooler temps are so welcoming!