We got tagged by the Rocky Creek Scotties to open our first photo folder, scroll down to the 10th photo, post that photo and tell the story behind it, then tag 5 more bloggers.
We've already done this tag and we thought it might be fun if we reversed it and go to the tenth folder and post the first photo in that folder!
This is the dollhouse that gram and gramp built and now mom has it! The dollhouse is decked out for Christmas with wreaths and Christmas trees!
And we thought it might be fun to go one more step and post the tenth picture in this same folder!
This is the kitchen - mom's very favorite room in the entire dollhouse!
We're not going to tag anyone but if you want to reverse the original tag and play along, please do. It's fun!
We just read some rather disturbing news on one of our Yahoo Airedale groups. We wanted to pass the information along to keep all of you safe!
*Permission to crosspost this message*
Last night at agility class, a vet, who is a fellow agility student was
telling us about a case she had this week. The dog ate a child's teddy bear
and was very sick. When she opened the dog up to remove what she thought was
an intestinal obstruction she found a huge gelatin type mess inside and the
dogs intestines were black and the tissue dead. The dog will die - no surgery
can fix him up - there was no living intestine left from stomach to colon.
This was not an obstruction..... so she called the manufacturer of the Teddy
Bear on a quest to find out what the gel was and what killed the dog. Turns
out the stuffing in children's toys contains ingredients for flame
retardants and mite control! It is designed to be come a gel. It is highly
toxic. Now you would think a child's toy would be safe because it is for
children, but they don't expect a child to eat the stuffing of the toys...
huummmm that seems a bit scary too. But we all know dogs demolish stuffed
So do not give or buy your dog any children's stuffed animals... some people
get them at goodwill etc. The vet will be posting a warning and story and I
will send any other facts as needed and as I learn more. Maybe some
children's toys do not have this ingredient, but better to be safe then
sorry. So meanwhile, make sure all your dog toys are for dogs. Please pass
this on... it is a horrible death she described and one that can be avoided.
So please, please, please - Keep the hooman stuffies away from us doggies!
So until next time...............
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch