Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Our First Days with Mom and Dad

We weren't tagged by anyone to play this game but we thought that it might be fun to tell our story anyway!
I was born on July 10th, 1998, the same birthday as my mom, as you all know, and the same year that my human sister was a senior in college.

My breeder lives about a half an hour from us. It's been 9 years since mom and dad and Melissa picked me up so mom's memory is fuzzy plus she's very OLD and can't remember beans!

Dad made the decision to get a female, rather than a male, and mom had no problem with that! We arrived at Phil's house and we were welcomed by lots of Airedales barking from a kennel. Mom immediately loved the look of the adult dog and she couldn't wait to see the puppies! My hoomans picked my breed from reading an ad in the newspaper and doing lots of research on it. The ad said that Airedales don't smell and they don't shed and that fact made mom real happy! Mom doesn't have any pictures of me at the breeder's - sorry!

Phil called the puppies to come out, come out, wherever you are, and I came running out of a hole in the ground with my brothers and sisters! He rounded up the 3 girls out of Jett's litter so that mom and dad could pick me! My mom's name is Common Touch Class - call name Jett, and my dad is CH White Rose Road to the Isles. Mom doesn't remember meeting my dad but he most probably was on the premises.

Mom and dad had a blast playing with the three little girls and trying to decide which one to choose. It wasn't long before we pups all wandered off to find something more interesting to do but suddenly I remembered that I needed to tell this nice lady one more thing, so I returned to her and that's when mom said, "That's the one!"

Mom had brought along a tiny red collar (that we still have) and she put it on me and the rest is history! They actually didn't take me home that day. They left me there for another few days while they shopped for a crate and bowls and toys and food, etc to prepare for my homecoming.














Mom still remembers the day that Phil told her that my birthday was July 10th! She honestly thought he was pulling her leg because that's her birthday, but how could Phil know that! It was destiny that I come and live with my family!















These pictures are my first few days with my new family!
















Mom can't believe that I was ever this little!

















Mom says that I'm her soul sister and heart dog! I love my mom and she loves me more than life itself! (stop crying mom)

Now it's Mitch's turn:

You all know that mom discovered him in a pet store when she and my sister, Melissa, were shopping for mom's mother-of-the-bride dress! Melissa wanted to go into the pet store and all was fine and wonderful until mom's eyes locked onto Mitch! She was instantly sad that this 4 month old bigger-than-all-the-rest puppy was in a crate and most probably would not be sold because he wasn't teeny and cute. Seeing Mitch in the pet store ruined the rest of the shopping day for that special dress for mom.

Mom shared the news with dad about Mitch being in the pet store that very same day. Dad asked the sex of the puppy and mom didn't even have a clue! She just knew that he was 4 months old and that he was adorable!

Mitch was born on November 24, 2006. His pedigree says that his dad's name was King Strider and his mom is Mac's Country Maple Girl. We're pretty sure he comes from a puppy mill south of us.

Mom and dad went back and forth about wanting a second puppy or not. Mom decided that she was very happy with just me and left it at that! Dad had other things on his mind. He called the puppy store and found out that this puppy was a male and he wanted to know the price. Dad made the decision to buy Mitch without mom's knowledge and that fateful Sunday morning, mom and I were out in our workshop with our friends Amy and Phil and in walks dad with his buddy Bill and this 4 month old Airedale puppy!


















The rest is history!

Mom ADORES her little boy and wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world! And dad couldn't be happier that mom was thrilled with his decision! Dad and Mitch have a pretty special bond too!















And I love my little brother! Actually, he's not so little! He is taller than I am and weighs more than I do! I think I'll keep him anyway!



















So that's the story how the both of us pups came to live with mom and dad!


So until next time...............

Love ya lots,

Maggie

49 comments:

  1. I love to read all those strories about your first day home.... It is like you open a door for us to see your private life... chuuuuuut...
    Kisses, Faya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Maggie, you were an adorable puppy! It's nice to read a little bit about your history. J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie! Maggie!

    This is such a touching story! :) Thanks for sharing it with us:)

    Your Friend,

    Putter ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh Maggie, I so loved reading about your story, and I soooo loved your Dads name, Road to the Isles, it sounds very romantic and a wee tiny bit Scottish.

    I am so glad your Mama rescued Mitch, we cannot believe Pet Stores in the US can sell Puppies.....it is not allowed in the UK.

    If you go into any pet store here, whether privately owned or Pet Smart etc, the only animals you can legally buy are rabbits, hamsters and goldfish.

    No Dogs, No Puppies, No Kittens, No Cats.

    I think that is a good law!

    I am so pleased your lovely bruv Mitch has a forever home!

    love and happy licks, Marvin xxxxx

    "who knows about Scottish Law!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Maggie, those are both really nice stories! My mom is going shopping for mother-of-the-bride dresses with her sister and mother in two weeks - do you think I will get a little brother too?

    You are both so cute!

    Your friend, Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, you just made my mommy cry. We were so touched by what your dad did for your mom. My daddy is sweet but he will never surprised me and my mommy with a little brother.. we can count on that. Love you and Mitch's puppy pictures. I have never seen an airedale puppy. thanks for sharing such wonderful stories. We enjoy reading them.
    licks,
    Preston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mags, I don't think I ever saw your puppy pics. You were so adorable. Still are, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a great story about your first days at home... Maggie you were the cutest


    Scrappy and Pebbles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie!! Thank you for posting this great story AND lots of cute pup photos! You Airedales are so adorable!!!

    Momo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were both the cutest!!!!(and still are)Love A+A

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stories you two!!! I just love destiny.....makes me feel warm inside. Woofs, Johann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Maggie
    Thanks for sharing your firsts days at home with us!
    Sure you were a little cute puppy! And now a beautiful girl!
    Sure the beginning for Mitch was hard, but look at him now!!! You two are adorable!
    Have a good night
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie,

    You were such a little cutie as a pup, but I think you are even cuter now! I think it was very smart of you to go back and 'pick' your mom. Great choice in parents! Mitch's story is just too sweet. I'm so happy your dad went and got him. Every Airedale deserves the bestest families.

    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  14. woofies maggie and mitch!!! woof u were 2 cuties when youngs and still 2 cuties...and ur dad wuz sooo nice to go back and get mitch..anddd heehee that video of that monkey was funnies...

    b safe,
    ;)lacylulu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Maggie, thank goodness your dad rescued Mitch from the pet store. My pinky D can't bear to go into pet stores if they sell puppies. Once many many years ago she spotted a Shar Pei puppy in a pet store and promtely burst into tears. They went straight to a book store to read up on them but they didn't have the right house for a dog so they had to leave it there. Hopefully it went to a good home.
    Thanks for telling us your stories. They're a great read.

    Noah, Willow, Tess and Lucy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maggie
    I love the stowy of how you came back to tell youw Mom one mowe thing...you picked a gweat Mom and Dad..and boy wewe you the cutest little giwl..I'm so glad to see baby pix of you,I aweady know what a gowgeous gwownup giwl you awe!
    MItch makes me want to come cuddle him..just look at those puppy paws and those eyes, oh my dog, I can't imagine how he stayed in that stowe so vewy long..it was obviously a match made in heaven!
    smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  17. You 2 look so cute as a puppy. You are exactly 2 month younger than me, Maggie. I am born on 10 May 98. Hee... Hee...

    Luv,
    Snowball

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maggie what great stories. You were such a cute puppy girl!!! And Mitch, well, he's a studly boy ;)

    Thanks for sharing your stories...Asta tagged me on my first day home and I'll have to get going on that post.

    Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great stories you both have! its so cool you have the same birthday as your Mom, it was definitely meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww..you two are darling. Now and then, and we loved reading your story. And seeing the pictures. But between your puppy pix and the pix of Cassidy, muzzer is getting the puppy hungries. I gotta say, nonononononononono muzzer...no puppies. Only Miss Snickers. no puppies. only Faya and Maggie. no puppies, only Astas squared. (tehehe. I want all my girlfriends, see?)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Maggie & Mitch, Mum loved the stories and the pictures too! You are both lucky to have such a wonderful family.

    Licks,
    Nugget & the boys

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great stories. Thanks for sharing. Having the same birthday as your Mummy, Maggie must be cool. You can share her prezzies too.

    The Mighty Scruff

    ReplyDelete
  23. those are both wonderful stories about how you came to live with your family. and those adorable puppy pictures are to die for! you two are the nicest dogs and the respect and affection that you have for your parents is great. one of these days mom will tell you about our stories. she loves us more than anything! (just like how your mom loves you two) lucky all of us, huh!?!
    woofers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ah you were little once. Mitch has grown so fast. You are still both super cute.

    Simba xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maggsteroni!

    Everytime I see an Airedale's puppy photo it is so hard to imagine any of us big woolly dogs were EVER that small. You were so cute (preview of things to come)! You were very clever to come back for one more thing. Your parents are so lucky.

    Mitchman! I'm sorry you started out in that store. Thankfully your mama saw you there, and your dad had to have you! You have the best puppy dog eyes. You always look so innocent.

    Love the stories & the photos!

    Goober love,
    Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so pawsome that you share the same birthday as your mom Maggie. I still remember reading your blog when Mitch came to live with you. He's such a sweet boy. And he grows to be so handsome now

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  27. I liked the story.
    That puppy pictures are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Maggie,
    You are such a cute lil' pup and I think you made a great move to go back at the last minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi Maggie,
    thx for sharing! it's a very heartwarming post.
    actuali, it was u whom picked your Mom by turning back, n not vice versa. n ain't we all glad dat your Dad bot Mitch secretly?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Record of meeting wonderful.
    History from adorable puppy.
    The family bond deepens every day. :)

    from loved ume tyan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my mama had tears in her eyes - how beautiful a story that is - and the cutest pics too!

    Thanks for sharing@

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh maggie, mitch's story make mommy almost cry. bcoz he was from pet store, i'm from pet store too. and mom would feel sooooooo sad seeing all the dogs being crated in a small space.

    i'm very happy to found my parents and ok, little dopey too.

    wet wet licks

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  33. We luv your stories. We will play too--if you don't mind!

    Ruff ruff,
    Sadie-n-Boatey

    ReplyDelete
  34. We loved reading your stories!!! And, my mama especially loved the baby pictures of you Maggie. She said you look scrappy and simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the "story"!!! You look mighty cute as a wee pup! MaMa said she would have brought the whole lot back if she was at the breeder!

    Mitch looks like a fine boy already @ 4mths old.

    Your Dad & Mom lucked out with both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww, you were such a cute little fuzzy pup! You were more blacker when you were young but now, your coat has changed a bit.

    Love licks,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  37. You guys have great stories!! Thanks for sharing. Amazing how fast us pups grow up!

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a Great Story Maggie. You and Mitch were soooo cute when you were little! My mommy and daddy weren't familiar with airedales and now they really love them..Too bad we can't have a big dog in the place we live now or they would probably get one!

    Love Toby

    ReplyDelete
  39. GREAT stories, you two! Maggie, we'd never seen your baby pix before! You were as cute then as you are bee-rr-tiful now!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for sharing your story! I am glad your Dad got Mitch so you could have a brother to play with! Plus, who would have known what would have happened to him at the pet store. You both are very lucky to have such great parents! Both of you were very cute babies when you were little. I didn't know you guys don't shed and don't smell. Eskies don't smell too. We do shed though. How often do you get a bath? I only get baths about 3 times a year, and it's not because I'm yucky or anything... it's just because Mom feels like it's due, which is really not a good reason if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  41. that was a pretty great story friend.

    i just loooooooove the puppy pictures.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great story, Mitch and Maggie !!!

    Louie and I shed a little bit all the time, and I guess we smell as mom sure seems to keep saying, "you two smell like dogs" but that is a good thing as Louie being deaf he can find me in the dark !!!

    Gus & Louie

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful story! I'm crying for the both of you!

    And you Airedogs are such cute puppies! How can anybody resist you?

    Koobuss Kisses,
    Koobie

    ReplyDelete
  44. oh..looking at ur puppy pic, make me miss my own puppy days...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh wow, those are some very cute puppy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Maggie, you were such a gorgeous little girly! Well, you're still gorgeous now, but you were such a cute little fluff ball. Love the way you were staring at you ball in that pic - ready to punish it if it dared roll away.
    Mitch, your story breaks my heart. I can't imagine what it must be like to be sat in a crate at a pet shop. And how you weren't snapped up straight away I don't know. Puppies in pet shops is like chocolate next to the cash till - looking for impulse purchasing. Which is the last thing any pup needs. So a big hug for your mum and dad for getting you out of there.

    Oh, and Mitch, you have such a saucy look in your eye in that second pic. My heart is fluttering...

    love Mojo

    ReplyDelete
  47. i hav an airedale named brutus. he is so cute! luv ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  48. i have a dog named breatle!!!@@@ and he is a aierdale 2... but sometimes he can be quite a handful, but i still love him. =)

    ReplyDelete