- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brine from olives
- 1 cup warm water (enough to make 1 1/2 cups when combined with brine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 2/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil (dried leaf)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup olives (finely chopped kalamata, about 2 dozen pitted olives)
She didn't have dried basil so she used Mrs Dash's salt-free Italian Medley. She adds it to soups and pretty much everything.
You had to be here to smell it baking away in the bread machine. It was driving us both NUTS with the Italian aroma from the spice mix!
We both give it a TEN and we will be making this recipe again!
Happy Fat Tuesday and Happy Mardi Gras!
Love ya lots♥