Wednesday, February 3, 2021

In Purrsuit of Flavours for February

 This month, Phenny and Nelly chose sweets for us to make☺

Mom loves rice pudding but she only had vanilla almond milk and evaporated milk on hand and she was too lazy to go out.   Who knew that you could make rice pudding using evaporated milk!

Place one and one half cups of water and 2/3 of a cup of rice in a medium sauce pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil.   Reduce heat to low.  Cover the pan and cook 12-15 minutes till all of the liquid is absorbed.

Stir in one can (12 oz) of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of raisins, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and a couple of shakes of cinnamon.   Bring to a boil.

Stir a portion of the rice mixture into a small bowl with two beaten eggs.  
Add the egg mixture to the rice mixture.    Mix well.   Bring to a boil and stir constantly for two minutes.  

The hardest part is waiting for it to cool to taste it.    

Don't worry.  Mom went through my portion with a fine tooth comb to make sure I wouldn't get any raisins.

I am enjoying every bit of this!
Geez, mom.   I was hoping for seconds! 

We will definitely be making this again.   It is really yummy!

Love ya lots♥

Molly


20 comments:

  1. oh we bet that is was super tasty!!! that's a mighty fine recipe for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes Molly. A second opinion is absolutely neccessary!!

    I LOVE rice pudding. You make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love rice pudding in our home except no one can agree on what extras to put in as some like raisins and some like sultanas, some like nutmeg and others don't so I just make it plain and then they can add whatever they like to their own portion!!! It is too complicated otherwise. I am glad you got some Molly, it does look yummy.

    Hugs & Love, Susie & Treacle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly darlin' with your recent weather I commend Mom for making do with the ingredients on hand.
    I love your Valentine cloth and red plate...What no 2nds?
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    O.M.D. Molly, you will not believe this but when I saw the 'sweets' prompt, I too thought of rice pudding!!! However, I was thinking of the original Indian version, called 'kheer', which uses ghee in place of eggs and the milk is boiled down until it is...evaporated!!! My cheat version is always made with evap-milk, so yes, I knew &*> it is very yummy indeed. Hoorah hoorah I say!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love rice pudding too. Your mom's sound wonderful and I like that little stool that I'm guessing you use as your own special table?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds delish and we think our pawrents would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not had rice pudding in ages. It's ever so good too. I'm sorry you didn't get seconds, Miss Molly. Mom knows best and you know that is true.

    Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yum! We gotta get Mom to make this! We have not had rice pudding in a year! Yours sounds extra Yummy! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Molly, you were so lucky getting a taste of this rice pudding. Mom has never ever in 50 years of marriage, made rice pudding. She loves it but never made it. Probably because she knows she'll love it and every night dad will get rice pudding. I can see dad giving mom the evil eye now! For some reason his evil eye has never changed her mind about anything. mol


    Shoko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,that looks FABulous gurl! YOu are one lucky AireGurl!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly, that looks really delicious and glad you got to have a taste for yourself. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Have a great rest of your day.
    World of Animals Rittenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mom's great aunt and grandma used to make rice pudding with a recipe from Sweden. Mom never tried it as a kid, but it was a big deal. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rice pudding and Float Island our favorite desserts.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you believe that our Mom has never ever tasted rice pudding??? Especially when it looks as good as yours.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice she made something she could share. Our Lady needs lessons in that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, yum!!!!! I've never had rice pudding. Lucky you, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Mom is so sweet to make a special serving for you, Molly! ♥

    ReplyDelete