Mom made Apple Butter Muffins for the very first time~
- 3⁄4cup apple butter
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2cup water
- 1⁄2cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄4cups brown sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1 3⁄4cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4teaspoon salt
We added 1/4 cup of dried cranberries to the batter also.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apple butter, cinnamon and cloves.
- Whisk in the water, then oil, then brown sugar, then the eggs (not all together). Mix until smooth.
- Sift together (important so you don't get white lumps in your dark bread), flour, baking soda and salt. Then combine with the apple butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch loaf pan or 3 to 4 mini-loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 65-70 minutes for the 9-inch pan or 45-50 minutes for the mini-loaves.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly before removing from the pans and letting cool completely on a wire rack.
Our muffins took about 35 minutes to bake.
These muffins were spicy, moist and delicious and we will make them again!
Love ya lots♥
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx
Two Tuesday droolers here!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing -
Willow so approves of apples - she's quite helpful when I made the applesauce!
Willow & Phyll
Good Golly Miss Molly this is 100% a keeper Hugs and love you lotsReplyDelete
I will definitely bookmark this blog and make some. You have me drooling Molly!!!ReplyDelete
Yummmmmmmm.... I bet da house smells grrrrrrreat! I'm eating Tasty Tacos today. Wags, RangerReplyDelete
Those look super yummy! Thanks for the recipe.ReplyDelete
I'm coming over for a couple of those. Yummy and thank you for the recipe.ReplyDelete
Have a fabulous day and week, Miss Molly. Scritches to you and my best to your mom. ♥
You sure get yummy things to try sweet Molly!ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness...they look delicious, Molly!ReplyDelete
OK, I have to try that one. Thank you! Lucy stays in the kitchen for me to lick when I let her. But if I'm using yeast she knows there are no licks coming and goes to bed in a huffy mood.ReplyDelete
Perfect for autumnReplyDelete
That looks like a yummy. We get to be taste testers here too.ReplyDelete
They look wonderful and I bet they tasted wonderful too. Glad you got a taste Molly. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xxReplyDelete
Java Bean: "Hmm, how does one get a taste tester job? Is there a certification process? Is there a test? I hope there's a test. I would take it again and again and again ..."ReplyDelete
WOW! This sound like a great recipe! Mom will be making Apple Butter inthe next couple of weeks. Because of the late spring, the Okanagan Apples are 2 weeks behind and Mom has not started canning with them yet. Mom always makes apple butter and this will be a fabulishious recipe! And the dried cranberries are a wonderful addition! Thanks guys! Purrs MarvReplyDelete