Monday, October 16, 2023

Molly Monday

 A lot has happened since I started wearing socks on my paws for hyperkeratosis.      Two weeks ago today, I decided to keep mom awake for most of the night, whining.   She didn't know if I was in pain or if I was playing a new game!   The next night, the same thing happened.    I took a couple of nights off, and then the whining started again and mom made an appointment with my vet.  

I had an event on one of my morning walks with stumbling and circling and then there was the afternoon that I wanted to roll on the grass and I couldn't get back up without help.   The steps leading from the driveway onto the porch were becoming an issue.   I needed help with those too.    We have stairs that go through the garage and out a back door onto the grass and these steps are working out much better for me.   Two steps instead of three is better and a 6 inch rise instead of an 8 inch rise is easier on my back legs. 


 The vet has stolen more of my blood than I wanted to give.   I got put on a new joint supplement - Dasuquin and even a CBD gel - ElleVet.   They are helping but not totally. and in all fairness, this is all new to me and my Senior body.         

In the beginning, mom thought I had my days and nights mixed up and she thought that I had a doggy dementia.   My bloodwork has come back just fine.   The vet never gave us a firm diagnosis  but it's definitely an arthritis issue.   

This past Friday night, mom and I were both up all night long and mom was frantic.  She had a pain killer med in her stash called Carprofen and at 2am, she used it.   It didn't seem to help.

Saturday morning, she called the vet and he told her to come down and pick up a prescription for Galliprant.  She gave me the first one Saturday night at 2am, because I was whining again.   The directions say these chewable pills work better on an empty stomach but mom noticed when she got up at 5am, that I had been licking the fur on my left side, which led her to believe that my tummy wasn't happy so she fed me breakfast earlier than usual.   We have decided this chewable will be administered at 5am - one hour before breakfast and we will see if this works out better for me.  

So this is our latest development.   It's not fun but we'll get through it with time and patience, hopefully.       And about walkies - no morning walks on the pavement and I would love to play in my yard on my lunge line but mom says that until the deer, woodchucks and bunnies stop pooping or until she gets it all cleaned up, she doesn't want me rolling in it.  

Happy Monday, everybuddy!

Love ya lots♥
Molly


23 comments:

  1. we send lots of potp and we hope there is a med what helps you without having other effects... hugs to you and your mama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry to hear that you have so much trouble with pain, that is no fun at all. Hopefully something will help you feel more comfortable and you can sleep at night. No one likes to be up all night except for maybe our cat. We feel so bad for you as it all seems so sudden. Sending you positive, feel better vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    POTP x 87 for you Molly dear... and a little on the side for Mum. The carer suffers right along with the cared for... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Molly my AireGAL I send you 100 years of all the purrs and POTP today.
    I hope very soon you can at least roll in the beautiful grass
    Love you lots to
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you and mom are having such issues. It's hard to get old at times. I do know that your mom will do everything she can to make life as easy for you as possible.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays as always.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Miss Molly. Tons of prayers for you and your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Molly. Our paws are crossed that the new meds help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Molly, poor you and poor mom. You are both having a hard time and we are sending a ton of POTP across the Pond in the hope that, along with the meds, it can help ease your arthritic pains.
    Love and hugs,
    Gail and Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are sending lots of POTP your way Molly, and hope they find the right treatment to help make you feel better soon!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Molly, we're sending tons of prayers and POTP your way. We do hope you are doing better super soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Molly, I'm sending you lots of love and POTP in the hope that old "Arthur" will give you a break and you start feeling better real soon. Also sending some big hugs to your Mom. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi friend, Ojo here! We are sending lots of licks and wags to you! It's not fun getting OLD! I have the arthritis thing too, but it sounds like yours is a bigger ouch. We are sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Molly - and Mom -

    Paws khrossed for the meds to do their stuff - we will be thinking of woo two -

    AND what a nice new header!!!

    H&K&W,
    Willow & Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Molly, we are so sorry to hear about your dilemma. It sounds like your vet is trying to find a solution. Lightning has a lot of mobility issues due to arthritis in his hips and knees. He takes gabapentin every day and tramadol on the extra bad days. Our vet wants him to try the new med coming our at the end of the month that is injections of monoclonal antibodies. It was approved in the spring. It has been in use for cats very successfully for a few months now. It is a once a month subcutaneous injection. The only drawback is that it is probably going to be expensive. If we try it, we will let you know what we think. Lots of POTP to you.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my poor friend. Gettiing old is no fun. It is time to rest with your mom and watch the sun set together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Molly, you dear girl, it sounds like you and your mum have been having a really rough go of it. I hope things smooth out, that the medication(s) work, and that you're back to your usual self soon. Nona says she feels especially sorry that you can't run around and roll in your own yard. (And Nancy understands exactly why, just like your mum understands.)
    Nancy and Nona (https://myairedalesandme.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Molly, we are sending tons of POTP for you and enough to share with your mom. Moms suffer as bad as pups when pups are in pain. I don't think you met Beau, but he has similar problems and takes Gabapenton twice a day and 3 times if needed. he is not where you are yet but headed there. I feel you pain and your moms. hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, and paws together for you both ... Ann & June

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lulu: "I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling comfortable, Molly! I take the Dasuquin too! All I know is it's a yummy treat, nobody told me it was for my joints ..."
    Java Bean: "We send lots of tails wags for you to feel better soon!"
    Chaplin: "And we cats send purrs!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Molly! You are dealing with a lot of not fun things. POTP by the truckload are being sent to you from our den to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We come to bring Healing Pawkisses and Purrayers to feel better soon🙏🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Molly, I’m sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I wish I could help clear the poopies in your yard, or make the animals go away. Keeping you in prayerful thoughts, sweet girl, I really hope that things get better for you. Bless mommy for being such a caring, loving person.

    Soft hi-fives, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Miss Molly, Elsa and I sending our best POTP wishes. Angel Norman had a similar issue; hopefully the addition of the meds and supplement will help you feel better. Hugs and tail wags. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Molly getting old is not fun, I know how you feel sometimes. We do hope that the tablets work and you feel a little better. Walking on the grass will be easier on your feet than the pavement. We are keeping everything crossed that you feel better soon and get back to walking with your lovely Mom. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete