Monday, December 4, 2017

One Special AireBoy

On December first, our AireBuddy, Stanley, went to Rainbow Bridge.

His girl, Lisa writes:

"This is Stanley's human, Lisa. Stanley and I had a very difficult week, including a 4 day hospital stay. It all ended on Friday, December 1st, with Stanley dying in my arms as he made his way on to the next adventure.

We went from thinking his neurological condition had spread to his front legs when he couldn't stand at all on Tuesday morning, to realizing he was actually fighting a nasty & aggressive bacterial infection in one of those front legs. No matter what the doctors on his treatment team threw at the infection, it only continued to spread.

Stanley spent his last 4 days at the hospital attached to the Veterinary School at Kansas State University. They let me spend two hours with him on Thursday night, lounging with him on his bed in the ICU while I loved on him & talked everything out with him. Friday morning we spent a long time together, with Stanley falling asleep with his head on my shoulder & his soft snoring in my ear. I knew he left his fuzzy body when his snores stopped.

My boy Stanley Boo Boo, goob of my heart, changed my life forever. I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'll never again see him do his happy dance, or feel that insanely large paw of his land on my knee, or a million other little things about him I love, but I have amazing memories & all that love he poured into me. I've only just begun to miss him.

For now I choose too remember him as he lived - full tilt, all out, and running like the WIND!

Go well, sweet goob."


On Memorial Day 2009, Stanley and Lisa and Ami and George and Asta and Miss Sheri and now, angel Sophie, came to visit mom and dad and angels Maggie and Mitch.   
Maggie couldn't believe that Stanley was actually drinking water on his belly in the brook.   Maggie would never dream of getting her paws wet!     
They had so much fun that day!

Stanley ran beard contests and Maggie was right in the competition with her beautiful long beard~
Stanley was one of our very first blogging friends and he was such a goob and so much fun.   We will miss you so much, buddy.   There will never be another quite like you.   Our hearts break for your girl and for your Lakie sissy, Stella.

Run like the wind, Stanley♥  We will never forget you♥
Love ya lots♥
Molly and mom

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry and my tears are running with your and twith the tears of his mom. that is so sad and it breaks our hearts.... we send big hugs to you and to Stanleys family... wehy oh why it always ends this way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Molly we are so very sorry to read about your precious long time friend Stanley's passing. Run free handsome AireBoy...I know for sure Mitch and Maggie were there waiting to greet him and show him around.
    What a handsome boy and we are sorry for his family
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad time. Run like the wind Big Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like a great dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry to hear of Stanley's passing and are sending warm hugs to you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough to have friends cross the bridge. Sending Nose Kisses to you and Stanley's people. -Chingmy and Wedgie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for Stanley's Mom and her loss, it is the worst thing about our fur babies that they leave us all too soon. At least you will have all the wonderful memories of him. Hugs & Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always so sad to lose a beloved furry, but even sadder and harder to take when it happens like this. Soft woos and gentle hugs to Stanley's family.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're so sorry to hear about Stanley. Sending lots of POTP and hugs to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farewell Stanley. We know you were much-loved and gave much love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have tears. sending pug prayers for you and Stanley's family. We know he will be missed
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful boy, who seems to have loved life. We are so very sorry you lost such a wonderful furiend...
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooooo very sorry... I know hearts feel like a big has happened.. I am so sorry
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Run fast and pain free again, Stanley. Our heartfelt sympathy to your family and all who knew and loved you.

    ReplyDelete