We invited company for tea and muffins at the end of last week. Don't tell our guest but she was being a taste tester like I am☺
Mom made Eggnog Muffins for Miss Laurie. This recipe is for a 9"X5" loaf pan but mom likes muffins better. They take 35 minutes to bake. We also added about 1/3 cup of dried cranberries to the batter before baking them.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp rum (or 1 - 2 tsp of rum extract)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper, or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg), and whisk to combine.
- In a separate, larger mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk. Whisk in sugar, then vegetable oil, melted butter, eggnog, vanilla extract and rum.
- Add dry ingredients to eggnong mixture, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir until JUST combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-65 minutes, until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Love ya lots♥
what a super idea!! the perfect thing for christmouse muffins...ReplyDelete
Did you share any with Lambie?ReplyDelete
I love egg nog, and I'm sure these are perfect for the holidays ahead. This recipe & your taste test made me hungry!!ReplyDelete
WOW MOLLY THANK YOU FOR THIS MOST FESTIVE AND UNIQUE MUFFIN RECIPE.ReplyDelete
Love you Lots Cecilia
I would like those!ReplyDelete
Decadent - but tempting! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xx
Super Seasonal Yummy!ReplyDelete
You can have mine. I'm not a fan of eggnog. You're sure beautiful Miss Molly.ReplyDelete
Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. ♥
Those look so yummy! We like to help our mom when she bakes too.ReplyDelete
WOW, they do look darn delicious!ReplyDelete
Oh Molly, we always love trying your Mama's recipes...and can't wait to give these a taste!ReplyDelete
It sounds and looks lovelyReplyDelete
Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada loves eggnog! I bet he'll try making these at some point!"ReplyDelete
Java Bean: "And then we stare until he feels guilty and gives us some?"
Lulu: "You have learned well the ways of a house dog, Bean!"
Mmmmh, eggnog muffins, they sound so good.ReplyDelete
Yum what a yummy post and day! These look really good. I need to try.ReplyDelete
We have not made muffins for a while and this recipe looks really good, glad you got to sample the goods too Molly. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xxReplyDelete