Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom was checking out FB one morning and one of her friends posted a recipe for Sweet Potato Cornbread and you know how much we love muffins so we changed it up to be a muffin recipe.

Ingredients:  One cup of all purpose flour, one cup of yellow cornmeal, one tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, one half cup of cooked and mashed sweet potato, one quarter cup granulated sugar,  one quarter cup of melted butter, one beaten large egg and one cup of milk.

Instructions:   Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease your muffin cups.   In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda.   In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potato, sugar, melted butter and the beaten egg until well combined.    Add the sweet potato mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.   Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until a thick batter forms.   Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.   Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.  

I did make sure the sweet potato was sweet enough~

I did taste the batter before it hit the muffin pans.
Before baking~
Just out of the oven~
And with a smear of butter---yummmmmm~
They are more moist and sweeter than regular corn muffins and yes, that is a sock that you see on my foot.   Mom says I've been at it again so no walkies until I heal and stop limping.   She also wonders if I will ever learn!
Happy Tuesday, everybuddy!

Love ya lots♥
Molly


14 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds and LOOKS really good!

    Of course, BUTTER!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that sounds totally good!! we love facebook recipes... the mama even joined a group with "granny recipes" ... totally taste... but not one what is unde 1 mio. calories hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Golly Miss Molly and Mom what a delicious recipe. We love corn bread and we love sweet 'taters
    and now we can have them at the same time.
    Healing kisses to your itchy sore foot.
    Love you lots
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Java Bean: "Ayyy, I just had breakfast, but now I'm all hungry again!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    Yummers - that's one I will definitely try! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. I had two of them with my coffee this morning. Delicious.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD...those look delicious, Molly!!!

    We hope your foot heals up fast!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sure look good. Hey Molly dear, chew on some yummy muffins instead of your footsie please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious recipe. Sorry to hear your foot is bothering you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those muffins look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Hope your foot feels better soon, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I'm definitely going to try that! I'm not much good at baking, but I can cook! :) Your puppy is too cute. I have a black Labrador & he's black in the winter the whole time, but in the summer he turns brown... augh go figure! We love our Charlie though! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet taters - we love them, and so does Mom. We think she should try this recipe too. Thanks for sharing.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those muffins look very yummy. I hope you paw got better soon. As any true Airedale will know you never learn from your past mistakes!!!! Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete