Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom had whole dates that she wanted to use so she decided to make Date Nut Muffins.

The recipe:

Nine ounces of pitted and coarsely chopped dates, 3/4 cup boiling water, 1/2 cup of oil (we used canola), and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.   Stir these four ingredients together.

Mix in 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts.    Grease muffin pan and spoon in the prepared mixture.
Good ingredients will make great muffins, mom!
Bake at 375 degrees F for approx 30 minutes.

Mom wasn't sure about sharing dates with me so she made sure that I didn't get any.  
Sorry the picture is blurry. I get excited when good stuffs are served and they are really yummy! 
The recipe is a keeper, mom!
Happy Tuesday, everybuddy!

Love ya lots♥
Molly

14 comments:

  1. Those muffins look totally yummy. I am asking Gail to save the recipe.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that mom doesn't eat any refined sugar, she uses dates for all kinds of things as a sweetener. It's amazing all the things they make from dates and she says it all tastes really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh yes!!!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know the blurry shots when Mom takes my foodie picks - and the pool-o-drool too!

    Thanks fur sharing!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. June here ~ something is wrong with mine Mommy! First she was sniffing her monitor, then it looked like she was about to lick it! Oh dear, I really have to stop letting her visit you on Tasty Tuesday ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Golly Miss Molly I love muffins (our as my daughter used to call them muffis).
    I bet the dates gave the cake a wonderful flavor without you actually needing to taste one.
    BTW I love you china...
    Love you Lots
    PS BOL TO JUNE
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you save one for me, Miss Molly? Looks ever so good. You sure enjoying cooking with mom.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those muffins look delish! We're glad to see you got a taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu: "To quote Indiana Jones, 'It's a date. You EAT it.'"
    Java Bean: "As long as it's not a bad date like the one the monkey got!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama is a big date fan, we are going to have her make these soon!
    xoxo,
    Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy to us too and you're a wonderful tasting helper sweet Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad Molly you got to try the muffins and they looked yummy. Not a fan of dates because we used to have them dried at Christmas and I did not like the taste!!!! Hugs & Love Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete