Monday, April 8, 2024

Molly Monday

About that box with the chewed hole in it~

Do you see that power strip behind the box sitting on the books?   The box was sitting in place of those books and last week and I decided to pull the box out from underneath the power strip.   The box is full of wine corks and it is heavy and I did leave it alone for quite a few days before I decided to be brave and move it and chew a hole in it.  
Mom keeps telling me that this power strip is dangerous and to leave it alone, Molly!!!!   Because of my dementia, I'm awake all night looking for things to push and move and to challenge mom.    She decided to put the power strip on top of books this time to see if this might work.
Then she put these chimes in front of the power strip hoping that if I dare to touch this newest challenge, the chimes will ring and mom can address the situation  and come up with another idea.   
Update - the chimes were pushed so mom taped the chimes to the top book with packing tape.   We will see how that works!
Another update - the didn't work.   She will have to come up with Plan C.
This is my bed in the bedroom and if mom feels unsafe about me "touring" the living room while she is sleeping or trying to sleep - this happens~
Seeing as I don't like crates and never have, I am hooked to these three leashes that give me about 15 feet of room to move.   My bed is softer and cushier than a crate floor and I need that for my old bones with arthritis.   
I have only been hooked twice so far and I spend my time touring the bedroom trying to challenge mom further.   I don't sleep at night and I don't like mom sleeping at night either but sadly, she does like sleeping at night so until she comes up with a different idea - this is the way it works to keep me safe.   

My Anipryl prescription did arrive on Friday afternoon and I did take my first dosage on Saturday morning at 6am.     We had a sunny morning and I found a nice warm sun puddle and was enjoying myself.   Mom was busy cleaning and I decided to get up on all fours as she entered the living room.    I was unsteady, stumbling, disoriented, drooling and very loopy.   Mom immediately called my vet.    He was with a patient at the time and when he did call back, I was doing much better.   He wants us to give it a week so that my body can adjust to it.  
Update - Sunday morning, I had no reaction to the Anipryl!  YAY!  
We are so hoping the reaction only happened one time.  
The Anipryl isn't a miracle fix like the Librela was for me.   This med can take one to two months before we see a change.  
Happy Monday, everybuddy!

Love ya lots♥
Molly


11 comments:

  1. We sure hope you see a change as we are worried about you and your mom too. You really need to leave the power strip alone as it is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Molly - we feel so badly for all of you - and Mom remembers NAK's nightimes -
    We so hope the med does its stuff for both of you -

    And if you need more wine corks, I know where there just might be more :-)

    The pie was quite tasty - we also had some in a baking dish as the pie plate was full so Mom just popped that in the oven too!

    Happy Eclipse Monday -

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Molly dear, this all reminds me so much of angel Jade in her last year with me. Nightstalker, I called her. Thankfully the one thing she never did was chew no-nos. But your mum has my understanding and sympathy. You, as ever, have my hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOLLY dear me you are quite the adventurous AIREGAL in the wee hours of the night.
    Mom is the ultimate Mother of Invention to interrupt your night wanderings. I'm thrilled there are not reactions to Anipryl and that it is the very thing to help you two lovely ladies get your beauty rest.
    By chance you might learn to play a tune on the Chimes!!??
    Love you Lots
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chewing is a normal thing, but it's not good when you chew on things that can hurt you. You're so cute, Miss Molly.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angels Bilbo and Jakey had the "up at night" issue too...We are sending lots of POTP these meds help you Molly!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Molly, Gail tells me her father had dementia and used to wander around confused in the night so she has some idea of what you and your patient and loving mom are going through. Paws and fingers crossed here that the new medication helps.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom sure is doing everything she can to keep you safe, Molly. We hope that new medication can give you, and your mom, a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete


  9. Yourt mom is working hard to keep you safe. I know you can outsmart he but maybe this time let her win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oona: "Oona was also fascinated with pulling and chewing on wires when she was smol, Molly!"
    Charlee: "You're still smol."
    Oona: "NOT AS SMOL AS I USED TO BE!!! Anyway, Dada ordered a cable box for his surge protector and wires on his computer desk and shoved everything inside of it so Oona could not get it. Oona was very disappointed."
    Charlee: "Maybe you shouldn't give Molly's mom any ideas if it was so disappointing."
    Oona: "Oh, Oona never thought of it that way ..."
    Java Bean: "If you want to take a look at the cable box, Dada says he got this one! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX2PQ2D/"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness your poor Mom, trying to sleep and you being wide awake at night. I hope the medication continues to work and you don't get any side effects and it helps, perhaps you will be able to sleep at night without getting the wanderings. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete