Monday, August 31, 2026

Sunday Walk on Monday

 First off, we were sleeping with open windows on Saturday night and into Sunday morning.   Around 4am, mom woke up to her windchimes, hanging in the apple tree, going off.  She opened her eyes and noticed me sitting in front of the window and wondered why my paws weren't on the sill looking out.  We are pretty sure it was a deer eating our apples☺

I want to know if anyone has seen trees looking so silly?!
Mom thinks the Jewelweed flower is so pretty and she always seems to get a blurry photo but she was pretty lucky this time~
We walked by a beautiful white Hydrangea~
We saw chickens in a backyard~
The Mimosa trees have already bloomed here but mom can never go by one of these trees without thinking of her Nonna.   She had one in her yard and she always said that it was a "dirty tree".  She said that about Weeping Willows too.   
Happy Monday and the last day of August!
Love ya lots♥
Duke

8 comments:

  1. Duke it looks like you had a great walk. Whoever wasted all their time trimming those trees to look weird kind of wasted their time. I guess I kept him busy. And to think the deer are eating your apples! Well we knew that was going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people use trees like those for art I guess! Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMDs Duke I do so agree about the 'artsy' shrubs...weird kinda like space ships
    Deer munching on apples well they have good taste but bad timing
    I agree with mom about Jewelweed flower
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some silly looking trees!! Another beautiful walk, Duke...we bet it was cool to see a deer out the window!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess those trees were visited by an artsy tree groomer!

    As for Mimosa trees - Mom thinks of TADN as there was one in her backyard -

    Hey Duke - you needed to grab your mom's phone ;-)

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu: "Happy Monday, Duke! Those are some fancy trees all right! Our Dada says Edward Scissorhands must have been in town, whoever that is ..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duke handsome as ever and what great walk you and Mom had ~ wild looking trees and pretty flowers ~ Enjoy your week ~ Hugs ^_^

    PS ~ Thanks for birthday wishes and Mom said I will have ice cream ~ Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a way to wake up. Love your walk. You have so many interesting things to see. A beautiful post.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Duke. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete