Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Flare-Up

Hi guys.  It's me, Mitch.   I went to the vet yesterday because mom and dad knew that I was hurting and needed help.  My myositis is flaring up again.  I have been drinking lots and lots of water and the water in my dish has been all foamy and full of saliva.  Mom and dad now are thinking that this is an indication that a flare-up is coming.
My beard is all wet.  I just got another long drink.

The vet gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic for 10 days and he also gave me prednisone for a whole month.   He checked my temp and I was running a fever and he also gave my mouth and jaw a good work out which didn't feel so good and he also stole my blood and gave me a shot.  I gave my vet a nasty look when he jabbed me with the needle.  That hurt! 
I'm feeling a wee bit better today but not a whole lot yet
 Molly and I helped mom make pumpkin cheesecake squares for the Halloween pawty that mom and dad are having here tomorrow.   We've been doing a lot of clean up to help out but we know that they'll be meanies in the end and not invite us to the pawty. 
I'm taste-testing the pumpkin.   You probably can't tell but I'm taking it very gingerly off the spoon.   My jaw still hurts. 
 Doesn't this look so yummy?  Molly and I are hoping that mom shares a smidge of it with us!
Happy Friday, everybuddy!     I hope my next prednisone pill makes me feel a whole lot better.

Love ya lots♥
Mitch

21 comments:

  1. Oh no Mitch we do hope you feel better soon. Keep warm and comfy. I hope your Mom and Dad have a lovely Halloween Party tomorrow. I am sure they will save you some goodies from it. Woofy Hugs, Susie & Treacle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mitch! Hope you feel much better very soon, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mitch! We hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Mitch - we sure hope you get to feeling better soon - we are sending you big soft huggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitch we have nevers heard of this but it does not sound like a good thing to have, we are wondering if you would like to come over to our house with your molly while the party is going on, that way we can all just lay around and watch Halloween movies, and eat some of your moms pumpkin dessert.........oh did I forget that part.......hahahh stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD, Mitch dude, I am so sorry to hear this!! Guess what?? I gets that too. Yuppers, as a matter of fact, right befores my leggie was hurt, I had those jaw spasms and stuffs. Though, I'm ALWAYS drooly, so ... ☺
    I hopes you are feelin' lots better soon, and that prednisone does the trick! I gots my paws crossed for you!!! I would ask for more of that pumpkin cheese cake..just sayin'...☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it when you are feeling poorly, they do stuff to you that hurts! We think you're brave and deserve some of that pumpkin cheesecake. It looks soft and soothing. Hope you have a great Halloween, it is teeming with rain here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon, Mitch. Remind your mom that pumpkin and cheese are healthy snacks!

    Emily and Miro

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEar Mitch - we sure hope the medicine helps you to feel better
    hugs
    Mr bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope that prednisone does the trick Mitch and you feel better real, real soon!!
    POTP Hugs,
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're so sorry to hear you're having a flare-up, Mitch! We hope the meds help you feel better .... AND that you get to taste-test those pumpkin treats!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mitch, we are so sorry you are hurting. Does the change in the weather have an impact on this? We hope the meds will help a lot and quickly. Take care and paw hugs from us.

    Happy Halloween.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mitch, I'm hopin' that you feel better real real real soon. I'm sendin you a hug...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mitch! I am sorry the flare ups have come to bug you!

    And having shots and medicines is no fun either. I hope you get to feeling better real soon... so you can taste what your mom is baking!
    I am sending some healing magic bubbles your way.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mitch I am sorry you are not feeling well. I will cross paws for you and I hope your medicine helps. I also hope you get some pumpkin cake cause it looks really good.

    Happy Halloween

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear this, Mitch. Thank goodness for clever vets and modern medicine. I hope you are feeling much more comfortable by the time you read this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would risk feeling sick if I got that yummy treat! Hope you feel better and can enjoy bark or treating....
    Comet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Mitch, we hope you feel better soon! It is important to be able to run and play and eat pumpkin cheesecake squares! Take care of yourself, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello mitch and molly its dennis the vizsla dog hay i am sorry to heer abowt this flayrup!!! i hope the pils help yoo feel better soon!!! tail wags frum me and trixie and saya ar koming yore way!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete