Monday, October 26, 2015

My Happy Collar

Mom bought me a new special collar.  She wanted to see if it would make a difference.  My vet seems to think that I "might" be OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - and mom agrees with him.  She says that I can be a bit high strung at times and that I could win the Academy Award most days for being an outstanding actress.  Life can be stressful for me at times - like when there happens to be a fly in the same room with me, or when dad reclines his chair and I'm resting near by or when  my peeps might happen to sneeze.  All of these things wig me out and I run for cover.   
I also get a wee bit anxious when we pass by certain houses on our walkies where there happens to be a dog or dogs who bark at me and run along their fence lines in their yards.  No, I've never been attacked and they're friendly dogs.  I grab a mouthful of grass or I put my leash in my mouth for comfort until we get past.    
I also have an issue with excessive licking; especially on my side.    I get my fur soaking wet to the point that mom has to grab a towel to dry me off.  I've been known to do this in the winter when it's freezing cold out.   Mom thinks it's ridiculous but I do it anyway.

So this is my new Adaptil collar.  It's the grey one that fits snugly around my neck.  It needs to fit snugly so that it stays warm and encourages the diffusion of the pheromone into my AireSpace so that I feel safe and secure and less stressful.
The collar lasts for 4 weeks and then it will need to be replaced with a new one.  
 Mom and dad laugh at the box's advertising.   It says "The secret to happy dogs".   I am happy but mom thinks that I could be even happier if I had less stress from so many quirky happenings in my life. 
Update:
A week has passed and I've been wearing my Adaptil collar non-stop.  Well, the truth is, the collar doesn't work for me.  I'm still my same stressy nervous nelly Molly self.   Oh well - we tried. 
Into the trash can you go grey collar!  
I like the simply life when the most important question of the day is which ball should I play with at this exact moment~

So until next time.............

Love ya lots♥
Molly

26 comments:

  1. You are Denny share similar habits Molly - like can be hard when you march to the beat of a different drum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sorry your collar did not work. (the following is not a suggestion, just a joke) Have you considered a glass of red wine?? Works for lots of peeps

    Gus and Teka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly my precious little AireDale Gal....I can certainly identify with you on certain noises....especially from outside. I never go out but often when the door opens I hear cars/motorcycles etc. I DO NOT LIKE THEM...and I don't think I'd like them even if I was accustom to them. Mom says I have extra sensitive ears (so does she) high pitch noises drive us both crazy...
    I hope maybe you can find something to ease some of the stress...if not my sweet remember you are loved and nuttin' is gonna hurt you
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Morgan was OCD and Adaptil didn't work for her either. She had to take medicine for years to help her. Monty was afraid of noises and Mom worked with him to help him learn to relive his stress. We hope you find something to help you relax.
    The Porties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, we're sorry to hear the collar didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry the collar didn't help.I guess you gotta be who you gotta be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sister, do we ever have things in common.....like the flies and other neurotic issues. If mom knows there is something that will bother me, she will do her best to figure away around it, just to make me happy. When mom was reading your post, she thought FINALLY but then she read your mom trashed the collar and the aire was let out of her balloon. Good effort by your mom though.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Molly perhaps as you get a little older things will settle down for you. We do hope so.... you are such a sweet girl! Ros and Oscarx

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to stress if mom and pops got your back. However, I do jump 87 feets if the wind blows
    Lily (& Edward)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Molly, we know all about stress here. Ciara doesn't do well with thunderstorms and fireworks and change sin the weather. Lightning is afraid of so many bizarre things. We use the Adaptil spray on a bandana for Ciara - it has no impact on Lightning, but it seems to help Ciara a bit. We hope you can find something to help you.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly, you are just being Molly!! I am sure you are just making sure that your family is safe at every moment of every day. If they are not safe, you are teaching them how to take cover. You are doing a great job at being just "Molly"!


    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Molly! I'm sorry the collar didn't work for you! Maybe there's something else that would work?
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad your collar didn't work. Your parents are trying so hard to make you secure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Molly!
    You're just being the best you that you can be. And there is nothing wrong with that. Hailey has some memory problems. Like forgetting who Addie is when she walks in the room and barking her little head off in attack mode. LOL she's crazy.

    Addie, Lucie and Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Molly,

    I'm also afraid of sneezing, ladders and chandeliers!
    My fix for that is a hug from my mom. Just a minute or 2 and I am good to GO!

    Could they market "hugs" in a box? Order me a couple of cases!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad. Have you tried a thunder shirt? Pheromone sprays didn't work on some of us either. E gradually got calmer through desensitization training and being rewarded for good behaviour (not barking at dogs we see).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Molly,

    We are sorry to hear that your special collar did not help! I guess that's just how you are meant to be! (Just like I need to jump up and BARK BARK BARK every time a car door closes anywhere on our street, or if any people walk past our house talking!)

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're so sorry your new collar didn't work Molly. But we tip our hat to your parental units for trying. Parental Unit says if she runs across anything that she thinks might help, she'll send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our R has been diagnosed with OCD. His manifests as drinking every drop of water in the house so there's never any water for his sister and he needs to pee frequently! I was so hopeful as you started to talk about the collar... but then you said it didn't help. I'm so sorry Molly. I wish it could have made you more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are also sorry it didn'y work. Bilbo has OCD...and we haven't found anything over the years to help him either. Hopefully someone will come up with something soon to help!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Guess that collar did not exert enough happy juice. I don't think Mello Yello would work since it is high-caffeinated.
    I'm just mad about Saffron
    Saffron's mad about me
    They call it mellow yellow
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. I've never heard of the collar. Was wondering when I reading this if thunder is an alarm? Have you seen the vests?
    I'm sorry she is so anxious. I just heard someone else tell the same story. Their dog go a prescription of some sort. Sounded over the top to me but never had this issue. I'm so sorry Nelly is so nervous.
    I understand totally Daisy pants when she wants something. She is a little ocd about some things. When she want to sit on the patio at night and its too hot she just stands in front of us and pants and pants and pants.
    I hope you find a solution. It would be hard I know.
    Hope ya'll have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwww, you are much loved and I hope you will be less stressed. Two beautiful, sweet dogs you are.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, thats too bad that the collar did not work- but your right, You tried!
    And now onto playing with the balls!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete