Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom made Gingerbread Muffins a couple of days ago.

In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter.  Add 1/2 cup molasses, 1/2 cup milk, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1/2 cup brown sugar.  

Mix together your dry ingredients~

2 1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt,   1 and  1/4 teaspoons of ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cloves.

Stir the dry ingredients together with the wet ones.
Grease your muffin tins and spoon in the batter.
Time for the taste testing.   
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean.

They are very flavorful but more dry than mom would like them to be so we're really slathering on the butter.

They sure taste good to me, mom.  I would say that this recipe is a keeper!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Love ya lots♥

Molly


22 comments:

  1. don't open the door the mama is on the way drooling and with a long tongue hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one and they are indeed delicious. I'm glad your mom lets you have some too.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob loves muffins and I love gingerbread so I'm saving this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pardon me while I wipe the droll from my lips and my keyboard.
    Molly OMDs...those are beautiful. I will be saving this too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just say the words 'ginger' and 'cake' and Gail is slobbering like a bulldog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari om
    Oh, I'm with Bertie's Gail!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy...that looks delish, especially slathered in butter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra butter is always OK with both me and Luke!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sure do look yummy. You are such a great helper in the kitchen, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sure do look tasty to us. AND butter makes everything better, or so says Mom:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Molly save some for me!! I LOVE gingerbread. And making it into muffins sounds heavenly! I'm so jealous that you got to lick the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get to be the taste tester?!? Luckypup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly, you are the luckiest pup getting to taste test for your mom. I can tell that she's an amazing baker!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made gingerbread a few weeks ago, this week it was English Sticky Toffee Pudding. Both are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our mom would like those. She loves gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friend! Ojo here! Yes please to the muffins! If they are dry perhaps we Dogs should eat them all? I will help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fransiscan wear dishes.... I was supposed to inherit the desert rose ones but my sister absconded with the set! grrrrr

    ReplyDelete