Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom was hungry for mac-n-cheese and she looked online for a new recipe to try out.  

 We cut this recipe in half and used an 8" X 8" pan.  

 Of course I got to sample both cheeses♥

The ingredients:
• 3 cups dry elbow macaroni
• 4 Tbsp salted butter
• 2 (370 mL/12 oz) cans evaporated milk
• 1/3 cup milk of choice
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 tsp garlic salt
• 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1 tsp paprika

 DIRECTIONS :

1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and macaroni, and cook until al dente.
2) Drain and return to the pot.
3) Add in the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Set aside.
 4) In a large bowl, mix together the evaporated milk, milk, eggs and garlic salt until fully combined.
5) In a separate bowl, mix together the cheeses.
 6) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking pan.
7) Layer 1/3 of the macaroni, then 1/3 of the cheese.
�� Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
9) Pour the milk mixture over top. Sprinkle the paprika evenly on top.
 10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
Mom says that it wasn't the best mac-n-cheese she's ever had.  It wasn't cheddar cheesy enough and she thinks the mozzarella probably "watered" it down.      It was good and it was creamy but she won't be making this recipe again.    
I thought it was wonderful!
Happy Tuesday!

Love ya lots♥
Molly



19 comments:

  1. Well, if Molly liked it, it's a "keeper".
    But then again, Molly does like just about everything you prepare, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a mac and cheese person but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MacNcheese is a keeper x 100. We are real cheesy folks here
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    My mouth actually watered just looking at that - but looks ain't everything and if the taste ain't there... When I make macncheese, I like to mix in a little bit of blue vein... or use red leicester along with the mature cheddar... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love mac and cheese too. Our mom makes one with cheddar cheese and cream cheese and it's delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering...I am a bit jealous. You get to snack and all we get is our mouth full of drool?!!😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mac and cheese, but there are lots of recipes and so many different tastes.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any mac'n'cheese sounds good to me.
    Sadly Gail doesn't make it often enough...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is our third attempt to get a comment to stick. They keep disappearing.

    We think anything with cheese has to be delicious. It is nice to try something new, but we bet Mom has another really tasty mac 'n cheese recipe. Dad doesn't like it so Mom treats herself now and then to a bowl from Panera - very creamy and goes down smooth:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our mom loves anything cheesy, so mac and cheese is a favorite! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi friend, Ojo here! Did you save me any? Cheese is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly! You are LUCKY! Even us cats like Mac and Cheese at our house. Mom has not made any for a while because of the heat. You gotta visit our blog on Wordy/Wordless Wednesday. Mom has abandoned us to our human brother's care as her sister is sick. Our Cousin Jewel is an Airedale and Mom will be posting some pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure looked good anyway, and now I'll be craving mac 'n cheese until I get some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tried so many Mac & Cheese receipes and I never seem to have a good result when I put in the evaporated milk. I found one receipe and I cannot find it now which had a sauce made of the cheese and then more cheese added to the top for the crust and that turned out great!!! I will have to surf the web to see if I can find it. It still looks yummy though. Glad you got to try some Molly. Hugs & Love, Susie & Treacle xx

    ReplyDelete