Tuesday, October 26, 2021

The New Rug

 An unfortunate thing happened here last Thursday.   Mom was heading outside to do some yard work and I grabbed my tennis ball to let her know this was not acceptable to me.   As I entered the kitchen from the living room,  I screamed out in pain.   The only explanation is that I twisted or sprained something involving one of my front feets and limpies were happening.  

No walkies happened on Friday or Saturday and by Sunday morning, mom thought that it would be okay to take a shorter walk.    Well, it was a bad decision.  As we were approaching our house at the end of our walk, limpies started back up and mom was so mad with herself that she didn't wait longer.

We have/had a small area rug that bridged the threshhold that goes from the living room to the kitchen so there was bare floor where the accident happened.  Not any more.   A new area rug arrived yesterday so now there is very little bare floor in our kitchen. 

I know mom is going to wait more than two days for us to return to walkies.  No more limpies now but  I wonder how long she'll make us wait~  

A very frustrated~

Molly


20 comments:

  1. Oh dear Molly. Very frustrating we do agree, but at least you have a lovely new rug to lie on while you wait to recover from your limpies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    You need to be a patient patient, Molly dear... honestly, it will pay off in the end... POTP for that sore bit and let us hope it was just a slip on the floor that caused the pawblem... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nooo...dear molly please feel better soon... we send lots of hugs and potp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your momma realizes she could've avoided this by just taking you EVERYWHERE in the furst place! I hope you feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry to hear you have an ouchie paw, Molly. Our paws are crossed that you will be feeling better soon. The area rug is a great idea and we're sure it will help you not to hurt your paw in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, your mom ordered a rug that matches you! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh NO my sweet Molly...healing kisses and hugs are on the way via airmail...Bless your sweet heart.
    I have been messin' with sciatica so I know the frustration you feel at not being able to do as you like
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Molly, I'm sorry you were limping around sweetie and we hope the all better stays with you. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heal first...then,time for walks & playing with the ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you had an boo boo. Mom sure takes good care of you.

    That rug matches your fur, Miss Molly. Tell mom I like it every much.

    Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are glad your injury was short lived and not too serious. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are okay. It's easy to slip on bare floors, the rug will make it safer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaawwww, we sure hope the limpies stay away this time and you can get back to your walkies. I slips and slides too...Mama has our bare floors covered in rugs to help me out. Mamas sure are helpful that way.
    xoxo,
    Jakey and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new rung is very nice, Molly. Your Mom is very good to you. We hope your limpies go away soon. We know all too well about sore legs.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! We hope your leg feels much better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like something that would happen at our house. Hope you feel better soon and can get back to walking. The rug looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Dear! We are glad that your Mom got right on the slippy spot! It is tough that there are no walkies for a while. I can't imagine Cinnamon going through a single day without a walk so we understand how you feel! We send healing purrs and hope that you are back to your regular Airedale rambunctious stuff soon! Have a marvellously happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Molly we do hope you are back to full strength now. Treacle has done the same thing on our floors and we have rugs down. Hugs & Love, Susie & Treacle xx

    ReplyDelete