Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom's special birthday Blonde Brownies came out of a book that she got as a Christmas gift from her mom and dad in 1963.   The pages are well used so you can tell that she's made this recipe more than once but she hasn't made it in a long time.


It's a simple recipe that you mix by hand.    Official TasteTester at your service!
We found the best way to spread the batter in the greased pan and flatten it was with your fingertips.
Twenty-three minutes later - it's out of the oven and cooling.
I was waiting so patiently and I did get the NO MOLLY - WAIT!    Mom was afraid that I was going to eat the candle.   Thank goodness it wasn't lit!
All gone in one big bite!
What a great treat for your special day, mom.   Now can I have another piece, please☺

Happy Tuesday!

Love ya lots♥
Molly


14 comments:

  1. Our mom knows that cookbook. She doesn't have one but maybe friends of hers as a kid did. Blonde brownies are good, but she says they used to add chocolate chips to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine it with a plop of Tillamook!

    Mom does the same thing here with some old cookbooks and notecards - some are Mom's handwriting and some are TADN's -

    Hope the day was festive and special!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly I'm with you it is hard to wait for something that smells divine and looks so pretty.
    I love the way the top looks with mom pressing with her fingers. Kinda looks like waves.
    What a treasured cookbook
    Love you lots
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have that cookbook for such a long time. Those blondies look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu: "Yay for birthday treats! Especially ones that can be shared with dogs!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious and if you love them, then it's a great birthday goody.

    I love it that you still have that cookbook. I have three that my mother gave me from the 50s-60s. They are treasures.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blondie Brownies are yum-yum, but we kinda-sorta think yours are the bestest ... made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful recipe(and cookbook)...AND they do look tasty!
    xoxo,

    Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari Om
    slurp! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does look like a most yummy treat sweet Molly, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! A yummy brownie that doggies can eat! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So kind of your mom to bake some dog-friendly brownies for her special day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Blondies look very yummy and you got to try some too Molly which is always a good thing. Coco only gets things I bake so that I know what he is having rather than bought things as you never know what is in them. Glad you and your lovely Mom had a great day. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete