Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom found eggplant in the grocery store this week and decided to make her friend, Miss Candy's Eggplant Rollatini.

Peel and slice eggplant lengthwise 1/8" - 1/4" thick.  Salt slices on both sides to "sweat" for 10 minutes.  Pat dry with paper towel.   Lay eggplant slices on lightly greased cookie sheet.   Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes till the slices are soft enough to roll.

While the eggplant slices are sweating and roasting in the oven, mix ricotta with salt and pepper, an egg, parmesan cheese and parsley.   Mom used a pound of ricotta and it was too much for these amount of slices.   Mom shared one of the roasted slices with me once it cooled and I liked it☺
Place a healthy spoonful of the ricotta mixture at the fat end of the roasted eggplant and roll.   Place the seam down in an 8" X 8" pan that has a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom.  Mom's favorite tomato sauce is Rao's marinara.  Cover the eggplant rolls with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes.      Mom spooned the remainder of the ricotta mixture that she had made too much of in the pan before baking it.   
All baked and ready to cool!
It's looking and smelling mighty tasty, mom!
What?  Do I have a spot of sauce on my nose!☺
This is mom's favorite recipe for eggplant.   The eggplant is never mushy and you actually need a knife to cut into it!

Happy Tuesday, everybuddy!

Love ya lots♥
Molly


11 comments:

  1. Mom has never bought or tried an eggplant. She would not know what to do with one. We are glad you enjoyed your treat and your Mom made something really tasty for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Yummerz!!
    Maybe I'll get lucky and have eggplant as an option for this week's CSA!
    It's been a favorite of mine since I was a wee one - and sometimes I can even snag one from MyGiant's produce close out rack!
    H&K&W,
    Willow & Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good googly gook Molly I have one question
    Did Mom make enough of that yumminess for all of us
    WOW I'm pretty sure I have some southern Italian in my dna I love all Italian Dishes
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS WTG following Cedar Creek on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu: "Yum, cheese! Can I lick the container?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds yummy! We can tell that you loved it too, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did your mom save me some? I'll be right over. Delicious.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday. You liked this so much I think you smiled.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rao's is our Mama's favorite bottles sauce too! We bet it was totally delish!
    xoxo,
    Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really yummy! I haven't cooked anything with eggplant in years. I guess I should give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure does look yummy, yummy, yummy. Too bad I can't eat cheese or any dairy **sigh**.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks a wonderful recipe. We make one with tomatoes and cheese and we love it. In fact I will have to look it out and make it soon. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete