Monday, July 27, 2026

Weekend Walk on Monday

 First off, I have to mention that mom was mean and made me wear my head collar.  She says that I have not been listening to her and pulling her too hard and doing as I please.  Did you know that Cocker Spaniels are stubborn?!

We passed a gorgeous Rose of Sharon with double blossoms!
Mom just loves this Clematis and it's still blooming away~
We passed yummy wild raspberries but I had no interest in sampling one~
Mr Mike's Begonias are so pretty in pink!   Sorry about the tongue☺
We walked by a pretty yellow Daylily~
Mom took this picture because she loves the saltbox house~
Please no more head collar - pretty please, mom~
Happy Monday!

Love ya lots♥
Duke

16 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers and Mom loves those raspberries. She would have eaten them and not even offered us any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Duke, the head harness. Hopefully that was just a one time walk. You certainly take us along on pleasant walks with lots of flowers. Lynn loves them. And a fascinating house fur sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke all actions have consequences...you must remember if mom injures her paw while walking you won't get any walks.
    Mighty Mini Toto the Dachshund was stubborn too and had selective hearing. Which I suspect is the same with Cockers
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes - related to those Siberian Huskies, eh?

    My mom has always loved The Saltbox Style as well -

    We also had to look up what was in Babaghanoush - Mom had always heard of it - and the only thing she knew for sure was eggplant -

    Hope you'll behave for your mom!

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about that head harness Duke, but you saw some really pretty things on your walkie. We think your tongue matches those begonias perfectly!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all such pretty flowers. Your tongue matches the color of the begonias. I hope you learn to walk nice again so you can get rid of that head collar, Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Soooo pretty, the things you saw on this walkies... and I hope that the head harness helped you to remember good dog behaviour! The more you remember, the less you'll see of it. Jus' the way it is... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely florals ~ Duke ~ you are handsome ~ try not to pull so hard ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu: "Stubborn? You? Never! You are just opinionated."
    Oona: "Oona is also opinionated. All the cool pets are."

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are most beautiful, but they aren't as good looking as you. Some pups pull very hard on their leash. Our Angel Little Bit did that. We did a harness and it was easier for her and for us.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Duke. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. MJF was a puller from day one...even though he did know what 'walk nice' meant, also car coming meant he had to get to the side of me farthest from the road...country roads do not have sidewalks... We tried all kinds of collars and harnesses, but the one and only one that worked was a head harness...sometimes peeps would ask me why he had on a muzzle... I said nope, he can bite you if he wanted to, LOL!
    I hope you can be 'retrained', or is it 'rehabbed' to walking nicely with your Mom, Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You saw some pretty things on your walk handsome Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh Oh. A handsome boy and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Duke, Timber still has to wear his Gentle Leader or Mom would be on the ground more than on her feet. But it's worth it to get a nice walk. Gorgeous flowers you found.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, dear. Sometimes it’s hard to behave.

    The flowers are so beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure you are up to the challenge, listen to your mom, and get that thing off your nose

    ReplyDelete