Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Wordy Wednesday

 Mom hates the infuriating and pesky gnats that buzz around her face and mine on our morning walks.   We've been using peppermint oil for awhile now and it's been working great but then -  it wasn't.    So mom changed it up to a Tea Tree oil and added some Lavender oil to my bandana and to her hat brim and it worked much better and we were both a whole lot happier!

Happy Wednesday!

Love ya lots♥
Duke

17 comments:

  1. It's a good thing your mommy knows to use some essential oil scents that chase the bugs away. You don't want them to ruin your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh drats, you've got gnats! Now that you mention it, we haven't noticed any flying pests at all this summer. We wonder why but we are happy now that we realized the gnats and mosquitos are not around much this year...so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for natural stuffs to do the trick!

    And what an awesome shot of YOU!

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. You solved the problem perfectly, now you can walk wherever you want until the sun gets too hot, and then you have to run home. Kind regards, Jasna

    ReplyDelete
  5. how good that it worked... we hate that awful gnats too

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so great you found something that works!! Essential oils are awesome, aren't they??
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny (and Beth too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gnats sure can make you miserable outside. You found a beautiful flower garden, Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Pesky things, aren't they? Glad the oils are doing the trick. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad it's working. What a great shot of you in all those beautiful flowers.

    I linked this post to my Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a woof woof day and rest of the week, Duke. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duke ~ handsome you are and what a great photo among the flowers ~ glad Mom was able to rescue you both from the knats ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Duke I am O blood type which I'm told is a walking buffet for skeeters

    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate the gnats, too! I'll have to give the Tea Tree/Lavender combo a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. #1 read somewhere recently that Catnip lotion was an efficient bug deterrent!

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the bugs quit bugging you handsome Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Switch it up seems to be the name of the game, so they don’t become accustomed to one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lulu: "Nasty little bugs! Our Dada got to experience them for the first time in a while when he was back East recently. I'm glad your mom found something to keep them at bay!"

    ReplyDelete