Friday, May 24, 2024

Nature Friday

 We are joining RosyRosy this week for Nature Friday~~

We started out on our walk earlier in the week with lots of treats~

I was pulling so hard on my harness that mom could see this was clearly not working.
We got as far as Landlord Bob's pond and she decided that it was too frustrating for both of us so we turned to go back home.   We needed more training before setting out again.  

In our backyard, the Oriental Poppies are in bloom!
This plant has more than one flower color blooming on it!
Mom has decided to get me an Easy Walk harness in hopes that this one will work better for me with more training.   She was trying to figure out why it was so much easier for Mitch and Molly to learn to walk more properly and it hit her that Mitch had Maggie to teach him the ropes and Molly had Mitch and Mackie had Molly.   It's easier when a puppy has an older dog to learn from.    
In the meantime, we do our training and we work our fun interactive toys!
Happy Friday!

Love ya lots♥
Duke


11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...and you are a different, possibly more impulsive, breed, Duke. I've known a few Spaniels (Cockers and Springers) who have proven a little trick on leash. But if you and mum can find your 'agreement point', you'll do just fine! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'll get there, Mommy ~ just so anxious to explore my new world, that big, wide, wonderful world out there" ... oh, the fun and hard work of puppy training time! (You'll get there too, Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small paw steps Duke!
    Of course, this means MORE treats!

    We LOVE The Oriental Poppy - Mom will always think of your Mom when she sees them -
    We made another Crustless Spinach Pie - as Auntie Di REALLY LOVED it too - and we'll be taking hers on our 'venture!

    H&K&W,
    Willow
    PeeEssWoo: We aren't a huge rose fan so we do kind of ignore / forget them back there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duke you are such a sweet and smart boy...and OMDs do I love your fur color.
    I am 2000% pawsitive you and Mom will figure this out after all you are the dream team
    with Angels watching over you. I bet they will send you some idea
    Love you lots Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Duke! I should tell you that Spaniels have a bit of a reputation when it comes to pulling. My #1 keeps telling me off and just got a new no-pull contraption that we have not yet tried.

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just know you and your Mama will get the whole leash thing figured out...in the meantime you sure do have some awesome nature going on...Mama loves yur colorful poppies!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll get the hang of that walking thing Duke, I know you will cause you're a smart one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll get the hang of walking nice on a leash, Duke. It will just take a little time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you guys need time but I am very sure everything is going to work out fine. Mom is so smart, she’s going to figure it out. As for you, there is so much room to grow!

    You're going to walk like a superstar! HEH!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lulu: "That's funny, here, Bean walks without pulling and I'm the one who's always way at the end of my leash. Dada says it's because I'm 75% sled dog, but Mama says it's because Dada lets me get away with murder."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duke you managed to get a small walk in which was good and we just love the Poppies. Those interactive toys will keep you busy. We also found that when we had Treacle she did learn a lot because we also had Kelly too and she taught her alot. We have noticed it more since having Coco who was an only puppy, so totally agree with you. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete