Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Tasty Tuesday

Today, I'm doing my very first Tasty Tuesday post!    Mom says that this was one of Molly's favorite projects that she took very seriously.

Mom made one of her loaves of cheese bread~

EASY CHEESE BATTER BREAD 
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. warm milk
1/4 c. warm water
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 pkg. active dry yeast
2 c., 8 oz. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
3 eggs
Generously grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Melt butter in warm milk and water (microwave works well). In large bowl combine 1 1/2 c. flour and all other ingredients; beat 3 minutes (had whipper works well) at medium speed. By hand, stir in remaining 1 cup flour. Cover and let rise in warm place until light, about 45 to 60 minutes; dough does not double in size. Stir dough down; place in greased pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, baked 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately. Store in refrigerator. Note: It tastes better after it's refrigerated, be eaten warmed up. Good with a little butter on it.

The finished loaf that needs to cool before we can cut into it~
Sitting and waiting is SO HARD!
Time to give this bread a try.      
Yup - it's delicious, mom!
I'm off to play with my Kong squirrel!
Happy Tuesday!

Love ya lots♥
Duke

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I remember Molly having tasty times, she did a good job.πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— (This made me miss Molly..Hugs to Mom...) I think you’ll perform just as fine though it made me laugh when you said sitting and waiting is SO HARD.
    πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

    I feel the same way too every time! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
    Julia😝

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Mom would have made this for sure but since she changed her diet to vegan and whole foods, it doesn't work for her. She was a big cheese lover in the past. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Duke! Of course, it was pawsome to see The Dog Sous Chef Tax was paid!

    Next up: Spinach Pie!

    Did you share with your Kong Pal?

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duke I commend and applaud you for your patience. I would not have been able to wait that bread looks delicious....I am very much addicted to Asiago Bread
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a tasty recipe, Duke. We know your mom is always good about letting her pups have a taste as long as it's safe to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! You look more patient than I would be waiting to have a bite. You'll do well following along in sweet Molly's paw prints as official taste tester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fair Dukey. You got to have one of my favorite breads that Mommy makes! I hope you saved a piece for me 😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy. I want some. Tell mom I was a large slice. I know she'll let me have some.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a woof woof day, Duke. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appaws! Great Tasty Tuesday Duke...and that bread looks soooooo yummy!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is some wonderful yum you got there Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds really good. I made bacon and cheese scones, they were good. I should make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make a great Chef's assistant, Duke. We love cheese of all kinds so we bet we would love that bread too.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love Cheesy bread in our home, especially for breakfast. We love your sweet face Duke and I am sure you will help out with many more Tasty Tuesdays. Hugs & Love, Susie & Coco xx

    ReplyDelete