Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kitty Christmas Card

We received a Christmas card in the mail Saturday from our good friends Frank and Cathy. They used to live in Connecticut and they've now moved to Ohio and we miss them lots. They were very special friends. Frank and Cathy have two kitties - Max and Misha, who I have never met, but who have the life of Riley - just like me!
I was napping once again - so what else is new - and Mom told me that another Christmas card had arrived and that it was a kitty card.
You have to know that the word "kitty" in our house ALWAYS brings BIGBADBARKS followed by a race to the window to look out and see if that nasty kitty is out there in the yard. You also need to know that I've never had a "real" kitty of my own. When dad was waiting for his heart transplant, our good friend Miss Barbara used to come here a couple of times a day to feed me and let me out to go pee while mom and dad were at the hospital running tests. They'd be gone all day. Bless Miss Barbara for coming to my rescue more than once! Anyway, a few times I got to stay at Barbara's house for the day. She has a gorgeous Golden Retriever named Molly, who is my bestest friend in the whole wide world and she also has 2 kitties. Mom has never seen me interact with a kitty but Miss Barbara has told mom that we got along just fine. One swipe of those sharp claws puts Maggie in her place!
So the word "kitty" is mentioned at my house as a tease word to get me all riled up. Mom told me that she had a kitty card to show me and off I went!
Darn - she's teasing me again! No kitties out there!
So for the last time she tells me, hey Maggie, look at this pretty kitty card! Nope, I'm not falling for that line ANYMORE!!!

Mom just told me to stop acting like a snippy and to thank Frank and Cathy properly for their adorable kitty card, so Frank and Cathy - thank you very much for the kitty card. Next year please send a doggie card, okay? Is that okay mom? Am I off the hook now? hehehehe

Mom took her Santa dolly out of the closet so that he could sit in the rocking chair and look pretty and festive for Christmas.

My grandma made this Santa dolly a long, long time ago and she gave it to mom so he's pretty special at our house. We have to take very good care of him! I immediate ran over to whisper in his ear that I was a good girl and to please bring me a new stuffy for Christmas. I sure hope he listens. Christmas is getting so close - only1 week away!!! Yippeeeeeeeee!

Till next time..................

Love,

Maggie


7 comments:

  1. So u dont really like kitty huh.. We love kitty.. cos Mama did foster some kitten here sometimes.

    Love
    Boy n Baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie,

    You've been Christmas tagged! Visit my blog to find out what the rules are!
    Merry Christmas pretty girl!

    Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice of you to "pretend" to fall for the human's teasing about the kitty....

    I've got 4 kitties here and they're not so fond of being chased or teased, they've got pretty sharp claws so I got pretty well trained...

    :)

    Love,
    Bogart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Maggie, you mean you were good to the kitties??? Mum says I'm terrible with them because one swap on the nose gets me REAL mad and I run and run and run and try to give them heart attacks..................

    The only kitty I am good with is the one at my Auntie Janice's vet clinic because he doesn't react to me whatsoever. I can stick my big nose right on his face and he falls asleep, so he's boring and I don't waste my time with him.

    Love nibbles,
    Miss Sunshade

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kitty word gets me going too! Every morning first thing when we go o-u-t I look under the cars for kitties!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i chase kitties! i met a cat once in the parking lot and i can smell them even without seeing them. i think they make good meal but but, mama said we have to be good to them.

    wet wet licks

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the kitty card looks cute.

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete