Monday, August 1, 2016

Movin' On Up

Mom put my crate away on Sunday last week.   Last Saturday night, for the very first time, I slept upstairs with mom and dad and Molly!   I'm a big boy now☺
 Molly likes to sleep in both beds, so I'm not exactly sure which one I'll be sleeping in every single night - but that's okay.  I'll take the empty one.  I got sprung from my crate and I'm happy about it!  Thanks, Molly!   You paved the way for me at my very young age.
 I haven't had an accident in the house in FOREVER but I'm still not allowed to be upstairs all by myself without supervision and there are gates upstairs letting me know that I can sleep in the bedroom or right at the top of the stairs.   I"m not allowed to go up and down in the middle of the night.   Mom wants to know where I am and what I'm doing.    Heck, mom - I'm sleeping!
 Molly was five and a half months old when she was sprung from her crate and allowed to sleep upstairs.     I am officially 5 months old so I'm younger than you were, Molly!
 Mitch was almost 2 years old before he started sleeping upstairs.   He loved his crate and was very happy in the laundry room with his own personal fan plus he didn't learn to climb stairs till he was 9 months old. 
I sure am one happy and content boy!
Love ya lots♥
Mackie and Molly

24 comments:

  1. Clapping and smiling Mackie you are one smart puppy and we are so very proud of you. You are sweet to thank Molly 'cause we know you love her and have been following her example. She is a good sis.

    Good buddy if you want gate jumping lessons give me a ring a ling.
    Hugs madi your bfff
    PS I love today's pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a proud breeder I Am ! Macky is a magnificent example and appears so aware . He's got big feet like his mother lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost 9 years old and I still use my crate! Not at nighttime -- that's for snuggling on the big bed with Momma, but Jessie and I chill in our crates during the day when Momma is off at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Mackie, it seems like you are very advanced for your age! I (BRD) didn't go upstairs until I was a year old or so. They scared me!! Hootie & I switch beds all the time too....He likes to sprawl out on them and though I'm MUCH larger than he is, I usually take up less space. Go figure. Sure glad that you are happy and content kiddo!!! Have a great week.
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed a big boy, Mackie! Both Parental Unit and I are very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a good boy you are. Some of us still sleep in crates and we're nine years old. Mom thinks it's just too crowded to have all nine of us in the bedroom at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big boy you are Mackie!!!!!!! We are proud of you. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Mackie! Congrats to you!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Mackie! That is big news. We have 2 beds in our room we take turns sleeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are a big boy now Mackie!!!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it upstairs - but what gives the stairs - I could climb ours when I was just 10 weeks old :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD, that is PAWSOME dude!!! You are a big boy, fursure! With REALLY long AireLegs!! BOL!! I didn't knows that Mitch liked a fan too! OMD, I loves having my fan on me when I sleep....Ma has it on a timer, so it shuts off after four hours. I'm a hot dog! BOL
    I am sure glads you are sleepin' with your peeps and Molly...she is a FABulous teacher!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you got to sleep upstairs without your family even taking your crate up there first for you to get used to things... that is great news - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You are a big boy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello mackie its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow yoo ar moovin on up to the eest side!!! to a deeeeluxe apartmint in the sky eeven!!! kongratchoolayshuns wot a big dog yoo ar now!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mackie, you are just growing up right before our eyes. Congrats on moving up to the "big bed". I just think you should sleep with the peeps that's what I do. I have my own pillow and I sleep above mom's head. Yep, she has to sleep with her feet hanging off the bed.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD Mackie, you are growing up so fast!
    Good Job!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn it I keep missing your posts, Molly & Mackie, I don't know what keeps happening. Well done on being allowed to sleep upstairs and not in your crate. I cannot remember how old Treacle was when we put her crate away but she, like Mitch, loved her crate. Love the last picture. Hugs Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on getting sprung! A true rite of passage for any doggie.

    ReplyDelete