Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tasty Tuesday

 Mom had lots of milk that she needed to use up so she decided to make Rice Pudding.   

1 1/2 c. water
3/4 c. uncooked medium white rice
2 c. milk, divided
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.

2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, the sugar, salt, and rice; mix well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and egg; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.

3. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Place in serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.

Official taste tester at your service!
Did you remember the nutmeg, mom?
Don't worry -  the red bits are dried cranberries.   Mom doesn't buy raisins any more.   
Best rice pudding ever!
Happy Tuesday,everybuddy!
Love ya lots♥
Molly

16 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OH yeeeeeeeeesssssssss... you reminded me of something I used to make a lot (Indian version known as kheer in the north, or payasam in the south [which tends to use tapioca instead of rice])... now all I want to do is go get started on some! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's great aunt always made rice pudding, some recipe from Sweden. It was something the adults always loved, but the kids never would even try. It came out a lot around the holidays she says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom says a treat from her long ago past - Rice Pudding - Baked Custard - and Tapioca!

    Of course, I'd do my best taster work too!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum. When I was a tiny wee puppy, I was fed lots of rice pudding, and look what a strong healthy boy I've turned into.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly if Mom has leftovers give me a holler I'll come running
    Love you lots
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada makes rice pudding from time to time! Usually a couple of days after they get Chinese take-out. Apparently there's never any shortage of cooked rice after that ..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy. One of my favorite treats too. You're so adorable, Miss Molly.

    I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

    Have a woof woof day, Miss Molly. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. We wish we could get our Mom to make that rice pudding. But she has a think about texture. Rice pudding and oatmeal are two things she just can't put in her mouth no matter how much she wants to like it:(

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is something what is like a hug for the belly...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly you will see the copper top feeders in a header coming to a blog in spring ( :-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a wonderful and cute taste tester sweet Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly, you look so adorable, like a baby having semi-solids. What are a darling you are!💗💗💗 You are one lucky girl cos Mom makes the bestest foods! 😋😋😋

    I love cranberries!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve watched a really good film online recently.
    ’Togo’, by Disney pictures. It made me laugh, cry and melted my heart. Based on a true story of a great sled dog and its owner. Check the link below, I hope it works for you.💗

    https://ww1.m4uhd.tv/watch-movie-togo-2019-235930.html

    ReplyDelete