Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Happy Autumn

 We couldn't be any happier that Autumn has finally arrived!

I need to tell you that I couldn't stop sniffing at the pumpkin.   It's actually a cookie jar that mom's mom made in ceramics class YEARS ago.   
Inside the pumpkin is a bully stick that mom says has been there for at least ten years and she said that bully sticks probably have an expiration date and that I couldn't have this one.     I hope that she gets me one of my own very soon.
Happy Wednesday and Happy first full day of Autumn!

Love ya lots♥
Duke

16 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    What a tease of the sniffer, eh, Duke?! I'm sure mum will set things right on that score soon enough, meanswhile, that is a most impressive pumpin-art! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke you like your new header with all the maple trees turning red and orange. What a beautiful pumpkin, and guess what it's one your mommy doesn't have to worry about being thrown away cuz it got rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would be all over something that had a bully stick in it too no matter how old it was. Awesome looking pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ceramic pumpkin cookie jar hiding a ten-year-old bully stick is such a fun little mystery for you to sniff out, Duke! Hope mom gets you a fresh one of your own soon to celebrate the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a Pumpkin HUMAN Treat jar - it has been known to hold Lindt and'or Ghiardelli 'treats'

    Happy Fall !

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Duke ~ sweet photos of you with the elegant pumpkin Mom made ~ am sure you got a better treat ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Dogs Duke...you have a very good sniffer. Maybe just MAYBE we can convince Mom to get you a new bully stick
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lulu: "Happy autumn, Duke! You look so handsome against all that orange! And of course our Dada approves of anything that's orange. Well, almost anything."
    Java Bean: "Ayyyy, eat the bully stick! It can't be any worse than some of the stuff I've found and eaten over the years!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom will get you a fresh one. I know she will. She's a wonderful mom.

    I linked this post to my Wordless Wednesday blog hop.

    Have a woof woof day and rest of the week, Duke. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute pumpkin. Maybe you could grab the stem and lift the top off yourself, Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a very cute pumpkin sniffer handsome Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowzers! Nutmeg would go crazy too! She sure loves bully sticks too. She Loves all kinds of doggy treats!
    Keep being Awesome! Marvelous Marv

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like this treat needs to see the inside of the garbage can instead of the cookie jar, and you need to get some fresh treats to store in there.

    ReplyDelete