Monday, September 21, 2026

Saturday Walk on Monday

 Remember the Button Bush photo we posted in July~

Here it is in September~
We also found pretty Cosmos flowers~
Mom was so happy to get a decent photo of the beautiful blue Chicory!
Looking into our woods, as we were almost to our driveway, can you see all of the apples?  Mom is guessing that our tree has produced at least 400 pounds of apples and she knows this because she had to pick a lot of them up and put them in a large pail to move them to our small woods for the deer.  She didn't want to drive over them and smash them cutting the grass.   We see the deer all the time at Farmer Wills and we're wondering if they have acquired a taste for tomatoes too?  
This is the yellow Mum in front of our house~
You all know how much I hate head collars.  Maybe this one isn't as bad as the Dogmatic, as this one lets me have more fun.   Mom doesn't like it so close to my eyes so she was on the 2Posh2Pull website to see if the webbing could be narrower than what I have now and it can be!   Lucky me - a new head collar is on its way from the UK!    
Happy Monday!

Love ya lots♥
Duke

14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh how lovely to have a comparison on the button bush...and what lucky deer to have so many apples to munch. Mum is doing her best to find the exact right collar for you, Duke - I hope you appreciate the Love behind that! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke you're going to end up with a fancy imported head collar. You'll look truly handsome in it I am sure. The Button Bush is very interesting and I don't think I've ever seen one before. Last year our apple trees did terrific this year they barely had a few on it. I'm picking up walnuts now move them out from underneath the lawn mowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke and Sue you find the most beautiful for us I like the Button Bush
    OMDs what kind of apples are they. Very very nice of Mom to move them to the woods for the deer to safely enjoy
    And of course Duke you look dandy today
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice collection for our last day of SUMMER!
    Mad Radish has had a BONUS year for tomatoes - our CSA included LOTS!

    We are glad to see you and your mom are enjoying Driven - there are THREE Huskies in it - one stuffed and two are all natural!

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. those Button Bush flowers are amazing, Duke! We've never seen anything like that around here. We do have chicory flowers, though. As for Cosmos, which #1 loves, she remembers seeing them grow wild in mountainous areas in Japan!

    I haven't been using my 2Posh2Pull lately. #1 says I snort like a pig when she puts it on me. Do you ever do that, Duke?

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the beautiful flowers. What a lovely walk. I know mom makes sure your collars will work for you. She's that kind of wonderful mom.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Duke. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found lots of pretty flowers on your walk, Duke. I bet the deer will enjoy eating all those apples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sure a nice bunch of blooms you found handsome Duke. That head collar doesn't look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful walk, Duke! We can't wait to see your new head collar!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Java Bean: "Ayyy, that is a LOT of apples! You must have the happiest deer in the neighborhood!"
    Lulu: "Our Dada took one look at that first Button Bush photo and was like, 'Ahhhh, COVID virus!' So apparently he hasn't quite gotten over the pandemic yet ..."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duke ~ what a lovely walk you had ~ beautiful flowers ~ can''t wait to see your new collar ~ you are so handsome ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't have the button bush here, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete