Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Ninth Birthday

Today is my birthday!!! I'm nine years old! I am SOOOO excited! I can't wait to get today started!

My day started out with our walkie. Mom shortened it a bit because it's really hot out there today!
After we got home and settled for a little while, mom told me she had a surprise for me - a package from her, dad and Mitch! Oh boy! What can it be??? Tennis balls on a rope! Awesome mom! I bet I know who picked this toy out! He had himself in mind, didn't he??!! heheheheh
See that pretty bandana that I'm wearing? That's a gift from Boy and Baby. Butchy and Snickers mom made it! Isn't it just beautiful! My favorite color is purple! You can see that Mitch has already slobbered on it! I think he's jealous! Thank you so much Boy and Baby! I love my new bandana!What? There's another one in there??? hummmmmmmmm let me see................
I think Mitch is a little impatient with me!
Let me show you how it's done Maggie! You're taking to long! You're making me mental!
A catfish!!! and he crackles and squeaks! Hey, this is cool! Can I have this one??
These are just awesome gifts! Thank you so much mom, dad and Mitch! I'm sure having fun!
Have you been to BenBen's blog yet? I'm the main attraction today! Don't I feel so special!
I keep hearing Mitch and mom whispering about some cake that I have yet to see. I hope it's as yummy as this one looks!And I got an online card from Ruby too! Thank you Ruby! I love my card! My day is just starting and so far it's been GREAT!
Check out the stained glass card that Blue made me! Isn't it so cool!
I'm also an official Rockin' girl blogger thanks to Sitka and Tia!
Thank you so much! I feel so honored to be a part of this!
Mitch has been driving me nuts for a whole 24 hours now with "I've got a secret, I've got a secret!" Okay Mitch - so what's the secret?
OMG my own birthday cake. Seriously? And you and mom baked it for me yesterday and you actually kept the secret! I'm impressed!
Yummy! This is just delicious! Sorry I'm making a piggy of myself! Why is the plate there mom? I don't need it! I'll just smear this fabulous frosting all over the rug!
Hey mom - this cake tastes better now that it's been baked - much better than raw ingredients and the frosting is pretty tasty too! Why did she put plates on the floor Maggie?
That was the best cake ever Mitch! What a happy birthday I'm having! You and mom were sure sweet to make this for me. Thank you so much Mitch!

Right after my birthday cake I was feeling like I really needed to relax and chill out! Hey, it's my birthday and I'm enjoying every single moment!

Around 11AM the mailman went! I always bark when he goes so that mom will leash me up and take me for a pee break on the way to the mail box. Today was even more fun! I got 3 more birthday pressies! woooooohoooooooo This is such fun! I'm am sure loving today BIGTIME!!!!
The first pressie we opened was a card from Butchy and Snickers but it was more than just a card! They sent me a coupon for a choice of a t-shirt, sleeveless t-shirt or a bandana! OMG now I have to make a choice and everything in their store is just so wonderful! Decisions, decisions.......
Their card is just awesome too! It's hand made by their mom and it's so colorful and creative! My mom says she sure wishes she had these same computer skills that your mom has! Thank you so much Butchy and Snickers! I'll be making up my mind and writing to you soon!

The next package was from Boo! Mitch was drooling before we even got the package open! If it's one thing Mitch will learn from all of this, it's the words "Sit Mitch, it's Maggie's birthday not yours!" That's right mom!

Boo's package was FULL of treats. Boo wrote a note saying that his mom has been so busy and he couldn't send me anything special except treats! You're kidding, right Boo? Treats ARE special! Ask any doggy! Thank you soooooooooo much Boo! Mom says we're not opening them today cause we're already porked out on cake and the frosty paws are still to come!

The last package came all the way from England from my Airedale buddy Oscar! Oscar sent me the most beautiful pink collar and leash that he picked out himself! He wrote me a note that says, "I picked out this pretty collar and lead for your barkday as I thought it would make you look even more beautiful (if that's possible). I'm totally blushing here Oscar!
I absolutely LOVE the collar and lead Oscar! I've never had a pink collar before and mom keeps telling me how pretty I look in pink! Excellent choice! Oscar also sent treats! If we're not careful, Mitch and I are going to be fat!
Thank you so much Oscar! I can't wait to go for a walkie tomorrow and show off my new collar and leash!

Mom put together a collage of my cards for me. First off you have to know that mom only got TWO cards(one from Aunt Carol and one from Aunt Cathy,well and Putter's mom too, okay that's three) - the rest were for me! Oops - backing up here - yes, today is my mom's birthday too! BTW she is older than 9!
Oh yes, I almost forgot- mom got an online card from my sister Missy and from her friend Dorothy.
I got birthday cards from Putter and her mom and dad and Girl girl and Boy and Baby (along with their gorgeous purple bandana that you saw me modeling) and Faya (along with her box of toys and treats) and Butchy and Snickers (along with their coupon) and my precious notes from Oscar and Boo! Okay, so we both scored pretty good in the card department come to think of it!

I sure did hit the jackpot this birthday and I haven't even had the frosty paws yet that mom and Mitch made yesterday! It's such a hot day here and they are going to taste sooooooo good! I'll post about that tomorrow.

Thank you all so very, very much for all of my lovely cards and fabulous gifts! This is one birthday that I'll never forget!

Until next time............

Love ya lots,

The birthday girl,

Miss Maggie

50 comments:

  1. WOW, Maggie, looks like you had a GREAT Barkday :)

    I hope you continue to have a wonderful day, Maggie, you deserve it!!

    Puggy kisses
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Barkday Maggie! It sure looks like you have had a great day so far! You lucky girl!

    ~Pug Hugs~
    Duke & Gidget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie:


    What WONDERFUL gifts...

    What a surprise that Mitch-he can help Mom cook.

    Please tell your Mom - we wish her a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" also...

    Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMdOG Maggie...you so scored...and guess what??? Another prezzie is on the way. I think you need to take the whole month and celebrate!!!

    Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maggies,

    HAPPYS BARKDAY!!! Looks like you and Mitch had a great pawtys. All those toys and that yummys food. You're almost as olds as I am. Maybe some day you'll catch up with me. Arf! Arf!

    Hope your mum had a great days too.

    Wuufs!

    Freda Ƨ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Maggie! Did I ever mention that I am enamoured of older women?

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROO!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROO!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAAAAAAAGG-IEEEEEEE!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROOOOOOOOO!
    and to your mama, tooooooo!

    Play bows from all of us!
    Zimmie
    PS: Dave is nine, too! More or less!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Woo Maggie! Happy Birthday you beautiful rockin' AIRE Chick!!! You got some awesome stuff there. I love the purple bandana and the pink collar and lead. I think that I will have some ice cream to celebrate your big day! Please tell your mom happy birthday from me as well!!!
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    P.S. Thanks for leaving Sherman a comment. I am so upset over his condition. Poor thing. He will soon be free of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, looks like you had a pawsome barkday!! Look at all the great gifts you got!! You're one lucky gal!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!!!

    Luv,
    Tobes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you racked up Maggie!

    Listen, Mitch really put his heart into making that cake, let me tell you. He must really love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maggie! Hi!

    What a perfect day! You are one special birthday girl! Don't you wish your birthday came more than once a year sometime????:))))) Wow, what a day! That cake looked scrumptous!!!!!! Talk to you soonest!

    Your Friend,

    Putter ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday Maggie! You are having quite a fun day. You have lots of friends and you deserve to be treated very special. We wish you the bestest birfday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Maggie! Let's see...that makes you about 29 in "dog years," right? Love the pictures! You're quite photogenic for such a young lady.

    You make sure those humans keep the celebration going! Did you know that airedales, specifically, celebrate their "birthmonth?"

    Cheers,

    Persephone & Buster

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy Happy bark day Maggie
    I made a little barkday card for you on my page. I hope you had a wonderful day!
    Lovebarks and tailwaggins
    Sir Chancelot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy BArkday MaGGIe !! Im glad that you like my card & you have a pawsome barkday !!! You have cake, treats, bandana, pressie, hugs & kisses !!!

    Hope you enjoy & have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh and happy birthday to your lovely Mama too.

    Happy Birthday Aunty !!!


    Slurp~slurp licks,
    BenBen

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!!! It looks like you're having a great day with your presents, cake and all those cards :) I'm thinking lots of doggies (and people) love you lots too!!

    PS: You don't look like you're nine-years old! You look very youthful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maggie!!... glad you enjoy yourself so much on your barkday!!...

    Love
    Golden Rossi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, Maggie!

    I am glad that you have such a wonderful and exciting birthday.

    Luv,
    Snowball

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MAGGIE!!!!

    Love & Aire-kisses,
    Bogart

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAGGIE!!!!!

    What wonderfully fun presents!!!

    You look so pretty in that purple bandana!!

    Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your award!!!! YAY!!!!!
    :-)

    Smoooooches!!
    --Winnie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. omsog HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!!!!!!!! You got so many good pressies because you are such a good girl! I had one of those crackly fish but tanner ate it so watch out for Mitch! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWESOME birthday stuff!! We hope you had a great day!!

    Lots of love,
    The Brat Pack

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday, Maggie! You look great with that purple bandana. Those are some cool presents you have gotten. Enjoy!

    Love,
    Preston

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!
    May all your wishes come true!

    xxxooo
    Nachos, slurpee, gigi and murrey.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Barkday Maggie.

    It looks like you had a great day! Enjoy all your presents.

    ♥ Saidie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Maggie,
    Happy Happy Barkday girl!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with your family.
    Also want to send wonderful barkday wishes to your Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy barkday to you
    Happy barkday to you
    Happy barkday dear Maggie
    Happy barkday to you

    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Sue
    Happy birthday to you

    I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. You look fabulous in the collar and the bandanna!

    Licks
    Oscar x

    ReplyDelete
  29. HaPpY BiRtHdAy Dear Maggie you look like you had a wonderful day.

    Birthday kisses
    love
    Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you'd enjoy yourself on your barkday, Maggie. Hope your mom had a wonderful birthday too.

    Snuggle,
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! That looks like a GREAT burpday! I never would have guessed you are NINE! Do you botox? :)

    wally.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Barkday Maggie and Happy Birthday to your mom too. It slipped our mind that you and your mom share the same birthday or we would have send something else too..sigh.

    Love
    Boy n Baby

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super happy barkday maggie !!!
    I wish my everyday could be like your barkday.
    Wuffs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Happy 9th birthday Maggie!! Sounds like you had the most wonderful celebration! Wishing you many, many, many more!!!!!

    Sherman, Penny & Lola

    ReplyDelete
  35. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!
    WE WISH YOU THE BEST BDAY EVER.

    Looks like your mom, pops and Mitch and all of your friends made it so special for you.

    We can't beleive you are 9 years old - you don't look a day over 3.

    We hope you enjoyed your bday cupcake - it looks scrumpteous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Birthday Maggie!!!! You sure raked it in, congratulations.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday to your Mum. You guys are such lucky dogs, err and humans too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy 9th Barkday,Maggie. Whoa, whoa an awesome barkday!! The purple bandana really suit you. Happy Birthday to your mom too.
    =3

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The birthday of , ..put together... do
    Congratulations maggie.
    A lot of warm friendship of the friend. :)

    from loved ume tyan

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy belated burpday Maggie. & also Maggie's mommy.

    Looks like U had a wonderful day. It is great to open up packages eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm glad you had such a great birthday, Maggie! Happy 9th!!
    - Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  42. HAPPY BELATED 9TH BIRTHDAY MAGGIE!

    Looks like you had an awesome birthday!

    Frenchie Snorts
    Balboa

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wowie Zowie Maggie!!! Look at all your loot! I would say "hope you have a happy birthday" but I can already see you had a WONDERFUL barkday!! Glad you got so many goodies. Care to share?

    ReplyDelete
  44. p.s. I forgot to wish your mom a happy barkday too! Happy Barkday Maggie's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi, Maggie. I am so happy for you! I am sure you had a great day with Mitch and your parents. Lots of presents for you! Did you know about Mitch cooking skills??
    Tell your mom we wish her a happy birthday too!
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh Maggie,
    Happy Happy Birfday to a vewy special girl!...we kept waitng to get your snail mail, and sooooo, we didn't do anything electwonic,and now it's too late, and I don't want you to think I fowgot you...I love you and hope you had the bestest time
    smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  47. Maggie, I hope you're a Stones fan!

    Ya say it's your BARK day....
    na na na na na na na na
    It's mom's bark day TOO...
    na na na na na na na na
    Ya say it's your BARK day....
    na na na na na na na na
    Happy bark day TO YA!!!!

    Goober kisses and birthday Zen,
    Stanley

    Pee Ess
    Give your sweet mama a big MWAH goober kiss from me please!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Woweeee! You're having a time of your life Maggie! And I forgot to congrats Mitch for being nominated for the Rockin' Boy Blogger Award!

    Love licks,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  49. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!~
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MAGGIE!!!!!!
    *HOWLS*
    HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU!

    May you stay pretty and sexy forever!!!!!!!

    Oh the stained glass of you is very very nice!

    Love,
    Reina

    ReplyDelete